Snarky Brides

um, thoughts?

LINK

Underwater maternity shots...I think they are cool and odd, all at once. 

Re: um, thoughts?

• um..I really love underwater shots in general and I like several of these but the ones that are too posey I don't like.
  • My first thought was that she has a wicked awesome pregnancy body. Other than that, pretty much what you thought. It made me tilt my head to the side and narrow my eyes a bit, but then I was like, neat.

• Ok, I looked again and  I LOVE the 2nd one but I think, if there were no high heels, no purse, just her in a bikini (why does she have underwear on??) they'd all be awesome
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Gorgeous, but, the girl is beautiful so that helps. I would look like a manatee if I had that done.
  • I think they are pretty cool. I love underwater photography, pregnant women or not, when it's done right.
  • I think a couple of them are pretty, but some of them just look awkward.
  • I think it's absolutely the coolest maternity shoot I've ever seen.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I dont think they are any weirder than regular almost naked maternity shots.

I would do it.  But they would be for private viewing.  Just H and I and maybe close friends.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • reilsreils member
    First Comment
    I think if she was wearing an actual swimsuit instead of underwear they'd look better. I also don't get the shoes and purse. I agree though, cool and odd all at once. 
  • I think the idea is awesome, but that girl looks like an idiot with sunglasses on and stuff.I think that if the shoot weren't so posed and weird it would have been better. No shoes, or other props, and I would have liked it I think.
  • I notice in a few she's wearing a matching bikino bottom. Not sure why she switched to boy shorts though.
    T liked them, thought they were cool but agreed less props would be better.
  • Also, and this is totally unrealated to the actuall photo shoot, but the fact that you can see her ribs in some shots completely skeeves me out.
  • I like the idea a lot. I LOVED the second one, I think it's beautiful.
  • That's what H said, sara.

I like them, but like everyone else, I think they'd be better with less props - less forced poses. I wish my body looked like that when I was pregnant. I was too insecure about my full body bloating (and the added 76 lbs) to even consider maternity photos.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Neat idea, poor execution.
  • I thought they were beautiful, and I loved the pics with the chair, and table.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think they are awesome, really freaking amazing actually. 
  • I love the idea, but the props are a bit much. The more natural looking ones are gorgeous though, I'd get rid of the table, chairs, and heels and they'd be awesome.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They look photo shopped.  Hair floats in the water, it doesn't still go down into a pony tail

• Hmm... I think they're beautiful.  I do agree that the purse/shoes/chair/whatever is silly and takes away from the photo.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Oot, there's some definite photoshopping... but that said, I still think they're pretty freaking awesome. 
  • I think they're cool. Definitely think the shoes and purses were completely unnecessary, but the rest of them are really neat.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_um-thoughts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:cfd02107-bf88-4f78-9c64-e84cb7a55673Post:adfd14f0-86ee-47cb-a53c-1f2e38ea5793">Re: um, thoughts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, and this is totally unrealated to the actuall photo shoot, but the fact that you can see her ribs in some shots completely skeeves me out.
    Posted by sarabear23[/QUOTE]

<div>This. She looks scary skinny to be that pregnant.</div>
  • Agreed with most others, too many props. She's obviously very talented, but I would have liked them a lot better if they had a more "organic" feel to them. But the, that wasn't really her point I guess!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards