Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

1st Dress Shopping Experience

I wanted to share my thoughts on my first dress shopping trip. Initially I was going to wait until the end of the month when my mom came into town. But I had nothing to do yesterday so I went by Langs in Arlington. The shop was small. The dresses were sorted by designers (Maggie, Casablanca, Allure, cannot remember the other 2). The women looked like mother and daughter that worked there. I was handed a set of clips and was told to clip the hanger of any dress I wanted to try on. I was so excited to finally see first hand so many of the dresses that I always look at online and in magazines. I surprised myself by choosing dresses I didn't like in print. In total I tried on about 8 dresses.I always that the Coco by Maggie would be THE ONE. It is now more like number 3 or 4. I think I did find the dress I want. I was encouraged to go try on dresses at other salons. If I see something I was asked to return and place the order with them. I was not pressured into any sales.There pricing was good. Several girls on different knot boards recommend Jays Bridal and Pearls Place. Well Langs pricing was actually a bit better on dresses than Jays. I forgot to ask if they ever have sales or special pricing.The only negative part was the sizes. The largest was a 14. I need to try on a 16 or 18.So today I went to Angelo's and Davids.Angelo's had one dress that I really like. It was on display at the front of the store with a price tag of $1100/$1800 depending on the material chosen. I was not too impressed with anything else.David's was not for me. I was stopped at the door, asked to sit at the desk and look through a catalog to have dresses pulled. I didn't see anything that I was interested in.I am glad I went alone. I know when my mom comes, we won't have to waste time at Angelo's or Davids. I am gonna try the place in Lewisville for bigger sizes.

Re: 1st Dress Shopping Experience

• juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you had a good experience at Lang's.  While they don't have Maggie's, Mii's Bridal at Buckner and Garland Rd. in Dallas does have larger sizes and they have great prices and beautiful dresses. 
  • l33annal33anna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is great! Glad you had a great time! I actually went dress shopping by myself twice. The other time I went with my MOH/best friend but even then I really enjoyed going alone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards