Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Veil or No Veil

I don't think i want to wear it during the reception.. i'd rather be free of it. Is that awful? What did you do?

Re: Veil or No Veil

• Options
    edited December 2011
    mine was a birdcage, but I totally lost it after formal pics.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't like veils but somehow I ended up with one but I won't be wearing it in the reception so I don't think it is awful. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine was chapel length and I took it off at the reception
  • Options
    kris928kris928 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't plan on wearing mine after the ceremony
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had two veils. For the ceremony I used a cathedral length and then had a short veil for the reception. Well, I was so friggin' annoyed with the veil at my ceremony that I bagged the idea of wearing one to my reception. Looking back I wish I had just tried it, but oh well. For me the viel was what made me feel like a bride, so I had to have one, but I didn't need it when I was partying at my reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wore my cathedral length veil for as long as possible.  A) I paid too much money to only wear it for 30 minutes.  B) I loved it.  I took it off after dancing.  But I made sure to leave it in during dinner, toasts, cutting the cake and our first dance. 
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm only planning on wearing mine for the ceremony.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    mandiemariemandiemarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine was elbow-length and I wore it all night long
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking of doing something simple and elbow or fingertip length-ish...and wear low on my head and more of a hair accessory that stays in the back. I haven't got as far as looking/trying them yet really but if I succeed in that idea then I would wear it the whole evening.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't wear mine to my reception either.
  • Options
    untsinguntsing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a cathedral length one for the ceremony and changed into a fingertip length for the reception.  I loved having it on all night!
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mandy,I'm sorry you're having a rotten day.  Let me just say that I was looking at your pictures and watched your video trailer and tears came to my eyes when you guys did your reveal.  That was such a beautiful moment!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine was elbow length, one layer. I had originally planned to take it off after the ceremony, but once it was in I hardly noticed it and therefore left it in the whole time.
  • Options
    almoyoalmoyo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine was chapel length, and I didn't even get to walk down the aisle with it on... I only ended up wearing it for formal pics.
  • Options
    mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine was chapel length, and it drove me nuts! It was beautiful and I loved it for the ceremony, but by the time we were done with pictures I wanted it off! If it had been shorter I would have probably worn it the whole time.
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! Great advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards