Snarky Brides

Wanna help me plan my son's future? (kinda long)

I mentioned in the GM post that I was going to tour/orientation a new pre-school that is opening here in August. I went and now I'm confused. The people who own it aren't licensed child care providers, teachers, or anything. All of the teachers are licensed, but the "principals" are the owners. Is that even legal? If not, then  the rest of my  thoughts are void. If it is legal, I may need some input.

First of all, our county public school does things ridiculous IMO, including registration. Parents get to choose who their child's teacher is, which means camping out the night before registration to be first in line (on a Monday night-Tuesday morning). I have a test at 9am on that Tuesday morning, so camping out will be a PITA, but do-able if I'm first in line. Secondly, the public Pre-K is cutting the program to only 40 kids, so less chance of him even getting in if I'm not first in line (I'm sure some mothers will be there for 2 days). They're also cutting the day to 12 noon, with no after school program and no bus (even though I wouldn't put my son on a bus at 4 anyways). This means I'd have to leave my school (45 minutes away) to come pick him up and take him to daycare then go back to school. I'll be in my last semester of school when he starts school so it'll be hard for me to change my schedule to match his and still get all the classes I need to graduate. The private Pre-K is open until 5pm and its the same amount I am paying for daycare and they are offering a lot more opportunities for the kids (field trips, plays, etc) where as the public school has cut everything extra.

There is also a Christian school here, but I'm not particularly religious and its 3x what I'm paying now for daycare, but they have a great curriculum.

Any body want to offer advice?
BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards