Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

OOT Baskets

I saw some of ya'll talking about these in another post a couple of days ago. I got some of these at other weddings this year and thought they were great. But a large chunk of our 200 guests will be from out of town (I'm thinking like 100 people, so around 50 baskets?) and I'm think it'll be more trouble than it's worth. Anyone else have a large number like this and still did them?

Re: OOT Baskets

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A very large chunk of our guests were OOT. Instead of spending a lot of money and time on baskets, we did welcome notes. We had a welcome envelope that included a listing of places of interest, i.e. shopping, restaurants, bars, entertainment, etc. We listed "Jeff & Emily's Favorites" and used that as a guide for our guests. We also included a map. Along with the packets we hand wrote a very small note welcoming them, as well as thanking them for coming. It sounds like a lot, but it was really easy to do and people appreciated the direction. I delivered them to the two hotels where our guests stayed a day or two before the wedding and the hotel coordinators organized the delivery of them to the rooms.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like Emi's idea.  It saves you tons of money and time. 
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm, I don't know what to tell you except that the cost of these was a lot more than I thought it would be.  There's no way I could do it for that many people, personally.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, ditto Emi, that's a way better idea for that many people.
  • Options
    TCUESW1999TCUESW1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not doing them. With over half the guest list OOT, I can't afford it, on top of the $7 fee it cost PER room to put an OOT basket in, nor do I have the time or energy. I would rather use the money for something else.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also think that OOT of baskets are really great and there are so many creative ways to do them. However, I think they're only really necessary when you have a destination wedding. If a guest is staying within the metroplex I don't think you need to provide them with snacks and bottled water, they can take care of that themselves. A TX theme would be cute, but it is very costly.
  • Options
    txtechgaltxtechgal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. Emi I love your idea of the information packet instead and I could always include a couple pralines or something for a Texas twist!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm happy to email you what we used as a Welcome Note.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting Lammes pralines for my OOT boxes from herehttp://store.txtreasures.com/can4.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Emi, do you mind sharing your welcome note? I may do that....since it doesn't really cost anything.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would consider doing the El Fenix pralines.  My uncle would get tons of them to take back to CA with him before he moved back here. I had about 50 people in from out of town but we only did one per room.  We had two bottles of water in there and other snacks.  We put a lot in there because a lot of people were driving home and we thought it would be nice to send them home with a few snacks.  Our hotel was great and passed them out for us.  Water was very much appreciated though.
  • Options
    txtechgaltxtechgal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, that would be great if you would share it with me, thanks for offering!!Lmotettu at aol dot com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lindsay - what's your email address? It is in Adobe form.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Julie that's a great idea!  I do like the Texas flag box on the other ones but I may have to check that out.  When I went to a wedding in St. Louis I loved getting my bag and especially loved the water.  Most of my OOT guests have never been to Texas and are staying the whole weekend.  My OOT boxes are cute and I'm glad I did them but if you can't, again, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ldyer@necam.com Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Emimayor  - please send me a copy as well.  My email address is sndang at aol dot com.   Thanks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Everyone who asked... YGM.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Emi can you email me that also? Aggtownsweetie@yahoo.com. Did you put it on pretty paper or anything?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Emily, did you have a planning bio?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thought this might help. For our OOT bags, I called the Grapevine tourist office and they build "oot" bags for weddings. At no charge! I called just to see when I could stop and get 50 of said brochures and maps and they put it together for you in a cute bag. I go pick mine up next weekend. I have hear Weatherford does this also. That saved me so much time!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is probaly a good idea. I am sure Arlington has something like that also. Thanks for the time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amber - no planning bio here.
  • Options
    wwelch2001wwelch2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Emimayor - I'd love a copy of the letter too. My e-mail is wwelch2001@yahoo.com Thanks, Wendy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards