Snarky Brides

Good Morning!

Good Morning Everyone,

I woke up late and just threw my stuff together but I feel great about today.
I love my outfit, I get to have lunch with my mom, and do some christmas shopping with my SIL.

I just think it is going to be a good day :)

What does everyone have going on today?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: Good Morning!

• Oh, And I am actually dropping soda completely. its only 8 and i have had 4 cups of water.

Super excited!
  • Good for you! I need to work on my coffee intake- I have two a day and don't drink soda, so it's not terrible, but my dr. says because I'm petite, it's too much caf. I work nights thought, so I swear I 'need' it. 

No huge plans today, I have Friday's off. I'm hoping to get some Christmas stuff done- wrapping, decorating, etc. 
  • anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2012
    Morning!

Good luck with the soda removal!  It can be hard (my H hated it) but I thought it was worth it.

I'm writing papers like a mad woman today.  Finals are almost here and if feels like I've got gobs of stuff to do.  Then I've got a house to clean this afternoon.  Busy day!
  • Wow, I wish I had your enthusiasm for the day! Lol I feel like its going to be a really long day.... Probably because I have to work tomorrow AND write a paper this weekend, so I'm just not feeling my usual Friday excitement. Working till 4, then I need to go to Sephora to return a skin cream I bought that has things I'm allergic to in it. (the ONE time I didn't read a label!) Might do take out tonight, or something easy for dinner. I've got all the stuff for Thai peanut stir fry in the house, sans vegetables which is a quick fix.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Anna & Angel, what are you in school for? I graduated in May and I'm so happy to be done! 
  • Good morning! 

Applejam, good luck on giving up soda. It may be tough in the beginning, especially if you drink the caffeinated kind, but the payoff will be worth it. 

I'm SO happy it's Friday. I've been so tired lately and feeling a bit down. The winter doldrums have set in. H isn't feeling well so we'll be staying in tonight. It will be a much needed break for both of us. Hopefully I will finally finish the last bit of my thank you cards tonight.... I feel terribly guilty they're not all out yet. But they will be done this weekend. I promise. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I woke up and found that my dog had crawled into my duvet cover.  She wasn't stuck but just her sweet little head was poking out, she looked so warm and cozy!  She also got into the closet where all her things are kept and brought me her new sweater last night so I would put it on her.  She's a golden retriever mix with tons of hair, so I've never worried about her getting too cold before, but now I'm thinking about setting up some sort of special, extra warm place for her.
  • Soooo glad it's Friday!

I'm only working until noon today, thank goodness. Then FI and I are packing up the FJ and heading to Syracuse for the evening so we can do a crapton of laundry. Because, ya know, the service techs bailed last minute on fixing our dryer yesterday and we're quickly approaching two weeks without doing laundry. So, that should be fun *insert eye roll here*

Congrats on giving up soda AJB. I'm trying to up my water intake, but it's hard. I feel like I drink more than I do since I just drink black coffee until lunch then switch to water the rest of the day, but I never feel very thirsty and have to force a few glasses down by the end of the night. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-281?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcfce9c0-86e7-4130-8354-e2c6da136a81Post:a54f085e-3b0a-443f-b7b8-eba8d40440da">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna & Angel, what are you in school for? I graduated in May and I'm so happy to be done! 
    Posted by misssunshine17[/QUOTE]

<div>Just for fun.  Keeping my math skills up to date.</div>
  • That is the cutest thing I've heard.

So far from Tuesday I am feeling good. I am just trying to make it a point to drink all 64 ounces of water. that is my hard part so far, It just seems like so much!
    but I think I am doing good so far.

Baby steps. I will quit soda eat better and then hopefully work out.
    This is the goal.

Hopefully this time it works.
  • Apple, I had a friend stop drinking soda and loose 12lbs in 3 months, so I think it makes a huge difference. 

Jcb, so jealous of Key West! Is the weather gorgeous?
  • B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-281?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcfce9c0-86e7-4130-8354-e2c6da136a81Post:1914d841-adb4-4e57-be52-49bc9a87437a">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is the cutest thing I've heard. So far from Tuesday I am feeling good. I am just trying to make it a point to drink all 64 ounces of water. that is my hard part so far, It just seems like so much! but I think I am doing good so far. Baby steps. I will quit soda eat better and then hopefully work out. This is the goal. Hopefully this time it works.
    Posted by applejambutter[/QUOTE]

<div>This is a great goal. You should feel much better overall just by increasing your water intake. </div><div>
    </div><div>I was once doing something called, "The Game On Diet" part of which involved drinking 3 liters of water a day. That was hard, that's a lot of water - especially since I normally don't drink enough water in the first place. I found that it helped to drink two large glasses in the morning, and then space it out through the rest of the day. I bought a 1 liter water bottle that I would refill 3 times. It was helpful to keep it beside me all day at work and I was able to keep track of how much I drank. </div>
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • That is exactly how I feel I don't drink enough on my own I feel like im drowning myself. but I feel good so far.

That is amazing 12 pounds is a lot.

I don't know why but I feel really good about it this time around. When I got engaged I told myself I would get in shape do all these things and I brought my dress wayyyyy before I should have.
    So now I am nervous about it.

but I am actually doing it and I feel good. only about a year late haha.
  • I'm doing a Master's degree in Education. I'm finding I'm having more of an issue getting my water intake now that it's cold outside. I don't mind drinking big glasses of water in the summer, but in the winter I just want something hot!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-281?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dcfce9c0-86e7-4130-8354-e2c6da136a81Post:a81422b1-b279-4eb8-a54f-93f26795d28e">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing a Master's degree in Education. I'm finding I'm having more of an issue getting my water intake now that it's cold outside. I don't mind drinking big glasses of water in the summer, but in the winter I just want something hot!
    Posted by Angelface225[/QUOTE]

This too. I got a cool metal water bottle from work and when I feel it up I can't touch it for a while because its freezing!
  • hey ladies!!!
    applejam - that's awesome to quit soda. I drink diet coke and I swear I could drink only that if I let myself. I'm pretty good about drinking water, especially when I'm at work. But, I have to have it ice cold and prefer it with a straw (think those insulated starbucks cups). I'm ridiculous, but it works to get me to drink it!

Today my little mini me daughter is 7. We have a weekend full of birthday plans, including a party at chuck e cheese. Lucky me, greasy toys and screaming kids. I'll need some wine that night. haha.

I too have loads of homework to get done. I'm finishing my last 2 classes for my Bachelor's in HR management. I was supposed to be done a while ago but the school I go to had their accredidation evaluated and some of my military training didn't transfer over, thus, having to complete 2 more classes.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know I'm a little late to the party but RE: drinking cold water in the winter, this time of year I will get a coffee cup at work and just fill it with hot water and a little bit of lemon. I just get SO cold at work, and I'm not going to drink coffee all day, so hot water helps me get my water AND stay warm.
    I'm a big water drinker. Probably haven't had a coke in 15 years, except a Sprite every few years when I have a stomach ache.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards