Snarky Brides

My Wedding Party Bailed!

Im so mad! Im not sure if i should be though. We HAD a MOH and BM attending.
Here's the story....

Last weekend spirit airlines bought out air jaimaica, and decided to cancel the last week of charter flights. So i freaked! We no longer had a way to get to jamaica! They canceled 1 week before we left! WTF!

They didnt book with my TA, they booked online. We told them that if we could still get to jamaica we are still going, but as of friday night we had no air. So they we're worried about getting a refund (understandable) they didnt have ins. through anyone from booking online. So over the weekend we were thinking of other places to go get married at if we couldnt find a flight. I asked them if they would still be going to our wedding and they said yes, if it all works out.

So monday rolls around and my TA found us a flight! Thank god! And by then our 2 guests found out they are being refunded. They then decided to tell us that the trip was too expensive, even though they already had it paid for, and they said they could afford an xtra airfare fee, so we offered to help pay for it. They said they didnt want to miss our wedding and we are like family....so why arent they comming?

Because they booked their own trip to the Dominican Republic because it was cheaper! And decided to bail on us! So we no longer have any guests or anyone to witness our wedding and we leave in like 50 days!

I told them i was mad, and that they should have said no from the get -go instead of bailing, and blaming it on this and that . I told him we could have asked others to join us, Which really offened him, even though they were first chioce guests! And got all mad saying it was my fault and blah blah blah....

WTF, should i not be mad? THEY BAILED IN MY OPINION!

Whats yours? Do i have the right to be mad?

anyone gonna be in jamica on 04/20/10? LOL!

Livid and Lovely

Re: My Wedding Party Bailed!

• SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    Does it do you any good to be mad? If not, then let it go.

Also, if you have to ask us IF you should be mad, then you shouldn't be. You either are mad or not...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Do you have no one else that could go with you? It sucks what they did, but there's not much you can do about it.
  • Thanks for the input girls!

And i wasnt asking if i should be mad, i am mad, or more less disapointed. 

I was asking for another opinion about having the right to be mad.
    Because some people have told me it's bullshit im mad and who cares.
     Well i do.
     It's not gonna ruin our friendship and i will get over it, but it's the initial shock thats still hittin me.
    It will not ruin our wedding or our trip, thats for sure.
    It's all about us anyway!
    Just felt sh*t on, thats all.

Thanks again girls!
  • That's terrible.  I would be mad too.  They must not have been really good friends to begin with if they bailed on you wedding to go to the Dominican Republic.  Eff 'em.
  • I would be majorly ticked off.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wedding-party-bailed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:de8fa60d-ec8a-4824-a318-aebc4fd1a04bPost:98d20d54-1c80-4bce-a4a7-c9c55c1ffe0f">Re: My Wedding Party Bailed!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why do people on all of these boards just make wishy washy answers?? I mean when situations are obviously wrong why do people say..."Oh it's not a big deal, no use in getting mad." Yah it's not a big deal because it's not happening to you, put yourself in this person's shoes. Her friends with whom she wanted to be there on her big day backed out on her to rebook and go SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! Yes, thats upsetting, it's also a form of possibly looking deeper into the friendship and seeing if these people are actually as close to you as you think they are. If a friend did that to me, I would definately be p.o'd What should you do, either look for another couple to join you or if not...They have some wonderful witnesses at the resort that i'm sure would be more then happy to be part of your big day!!
    Posted by MelonieP[/QUOTE]

And what I don't get is people asking permission to have their feelings. Had this been a vent, and said, "Dammit, I'm MAD!" then my response would have been different. However, OP is asking internet strangers if she has the right to be mad. Everyone has the right to feel how they feel.

And its absolutely true that being mad about it at this point does no good. Yes, its crappy of the people to do that to them, but getting all in a tizzy about it is not going to do any good. Crying is good stress relief, as is venting. OP, you are rightly justified in doing both, but realize that its not going to change the situation. YOu are still going to be without them on your wedding day. If you hold a grudge and let it overshadow your wedding, then you are only doing yourself a disservice. So go on with your wedding and don't give your flaky friends another thought until afterwards. Then you can deal with the friendship issues.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Wow, that's awful.  Yeah, I'd be mad and you definitely have a right to be mad.  How could they do that without feeling guilty?  Makes me think you might want to reconsider being friends with them. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wedding-party-bailed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:de8fa60d-ec8a-4824-a318-aebc4fd1a04bPost:98d20d54-1c80-4bce-a4a7-c9c55c1ffe0f">Re: My Wedding Party Bailed!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why do people on all of these boards just make wishy washy answers?? I mean when situations are obviously wrong why do people say..."Oh it's not a big deal, no use in getting mad." Yah it's not a big deal because it's not happening to you, put yourself in this person's shoes. Her friends with whom she wanted to be there on her big day backed out on her to rebook and go SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! Yes, thats upsetting, it's also a form of possibly looking deeper into the friendship and seeing if these people are actually as close to you as you think they are. If a friend did that to me, I would definately be p.o'd What should you do, either look for another couple to join you or if not...They have some wonderful witnesses at the resort that i'm sure would be more then happy to be part of your big day!!
    Posted by MelonieP[/QUOTE]

I don't see wishy washy statements.  The OPs situation (and friends) suck.  She vented and got sympathy.  What can she do?  Hold a gun to their heads?  It's a problem without a solution so I think most people just told her to forget about those friends and enjoy her wedding.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• That really wasn't very kind of them to turn around and book another trip, even if it was cheaper.  The only thing I can think of is that since booking trips with the economy still pretty awful they decided that they couldn't afford even what they'd paid in the first place.  Having said that, they shouldn't have booked another trip at this point even if it was less expensive - are you positive that they didn't originally have both planned?

I guess at this point, perhaps you have to decide whether it's more important to have them there or have the wedding abroad.  Perhaps you can have a small ceremony locally either before or after your wedding locally where they can be there.  Or, any way you'd want to follow them to the Dominican Republic and get married there?  Not sure what your dream wedding is, how important having them there is and whatnot.
  • It appears that these people are not real friends so I wouldn't get over it. I would move on. You offered to help pay when the airline fell through and they booked another trip instead...very shortly before your wedding. Go and enjoy yourself. You will be able to have a witness and start your honeymoon early. Seriously, I feel if people want to cause so much drama; then they may as well forget about being friends. I like the Irish speech quote though! My thoughts exactly!
  • Wait..so they just decided to go ahead and take a trip somewhere else?
  • I don't know maybe I am just too mean and right people off to easily, but I would just tell them that they suck at life and not talk to them anymore.  A true friend wouldn't do something like that.  I would just say f*ck'em and find someone else to go.  

"When life gives you lemons, say F*ck the lemons and bail!"  Maybe that is what your friends did, I suggest your try it.

Quote from Forgetting Sarah Marshall, I love that movie.  
  • That sucks!  I would be pissed.

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • L-BrideL-Bride member
    First Comment
    edited March 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_curious?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:96922d57-f0e0-4600-9624-96f95d78b7d2Post:f485bf3b-317a-4fb9-9d93-55e672208c59">Re: Curious</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I wouldn't exactly nominate someone who judges her friends for wanting to be in a committed relationship for the friendship of the year award.
    Posted by RELAX0X0X0X0[/QUOTE]

Is there an award for that?

I'm not sure how this ended up on this thread...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards