Snarky Brides

Anyone around?

2»

Re: Anyone around?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:df7e44d8-8a0a-44c3-8f32-8df6510a5245Post:7b6da63e-ece5-47fc-9c2f-bdcaf9f10010">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you baking them in the jar? Or putting them in after? I was reading that bacteria grows in the jars and can cause you to get sick.
    Posted by undyingmizery[/QUOTE]

They can, but as long as you give the jars a proper water bath (like I do before canning) then they're all clean inside before you start.

i boil the jars for a few minutes, allow to cool, and then put the batter in.  of course, if you want filling.. the cupcake method is better for that.
  • I was really bummed when I moved where I am at but I LOVE it now :) I understand the feeling
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:df7e44d8-8a0a-44c3-8f32-8df6510a5245Post:d428166b-99ff-4a79-b95b-2fb9a900b8ba">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really like the idea of the rainbow cake it a jar for Edmunds birthday at some point when he's older.
    Posted by Ciaram22[/QUOTE]

i did the rainbow cake but just pale purple, pink and white.  My nine year old niecce loved it!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:df7e44d8-8a0a-44c3-8f32-8df6510a5245Post:21871b35-15cb-44ee-92e7-cb987b7cdd96">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone around? : They can, but as long as you give the jars a proper water bath (like I do before canning) then they're all clean inside before you start. i boil the jars for a few minutes, allow to cool, and then put the batter in.  of course, if you want filling.. the cupcake method is better for that.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Boiling to sterilize?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:df7e44d8-8a0a-44c3-8f32-8df6510a5245Post:e7f03832-f6aa-44e0-8b44-e19c2cd213ce">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone around? : Boiling to sterilize?
    Posted by undyingmizery[/QUOTE]

yep
  • Cha Ching - that's a beautiful wedding picture of you.

Ciarem - baby ♥

I'm thinking of washing kitchen and bathroom floors on my hands and knees instead with mop.  Talk me out of it please.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-around-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:df7e44d8-8a0a-44c3-8f32-8df6510a5245Post:4bba58eb-902f-483f-b3fa-eb0b4b9cf42b">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cha Ching - that's a beautiful wedding picture of you.
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I am impatiently waiting for the rest of my pics... My photographers posted a teaser album on facebook, but it only had like 17 pics. We should be getting our video Tuesday and hopefully the rest of our pics Friday.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I want to be home having a drink already dammit lol. All this alcohol talk has me wanting to not be at work anymore!
  • Anyone still here? I'm just about to have my breakfast and totally procrastinating on household responsibilities. I woke up at 6 and decided to get up without realising that I'd gone to be rather late and should have kept sleeping... so tired now!
  • Hey dear! How are you and Edmund doing?
  • Hey Sun and Ciara!

H and I super cleaned today in preparation of our shower next week, which is being held at our house (surprise!) and our house was a mess of clutter and baby stuff. Now I'm wooped and not moving from this couch for at least an hour. I did get to have yummy cheddar brats for dinner though so I'm sore but happy.
  • We are both doing excellent. He's getting really big and will be a month old on Monday.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Katie, what are cheddar brats?

Yay for shower! How exciting!

That's great, Ciaram. I love your sig pic- you both look gorgeous!

• Delicious hot dog type things (but better tasting) stuffed with cheddar cheese. Soooo good.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    did i mention were @ the drive in? were @ the drive in!!!!! love it here, so packed too.
  • edited May 2011
    I love drive ins. I haven't been to one in so long.

Thanks sun!
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • There are still drive-ins? They sound like so much fun.
  • Echo echo?

Anyone not out having fun this weekend?
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I'm here. Watching Project Runway (season 3) and listening to H snore on the couch.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards