Snarky Brides
Options

snow

Im kind of freaking out about the impending storm(s) we have coming on Tuesday/Wednesday. We have gotten off extremely easy the past few years, snow wise, so I havnt really had to deal with it. The biggest accumulation ive had to drive in recently was about 10cm a few weeks ago, which wasnt bad, but 10cm isnt very much. I should add that for the past 3 winters, my area hasnt really gotten much snow at all, so I dont think many people "remember" how to drive properly in it. When we had that 10cm there were accidents EVERYWHERE because people were driving like jackasses, so I dont expect this time around to be much better.

Heres the issue. We are forcast to get up to 30cm on Tuesday/Wednesday (starts tuesday, all night into wednesday and then all day wednesday), and I live about 25 minutes on a good day away from my job. My car kinda sucks in the snow and spins out easily so im very paranoid about this. I am taking the morning off on tuesday due to a doctors appointment, so I feel weird about taking wednesday off as well - I have guilt issues and would be paranoid work would be mad or think im slacking. The bosses dont look kindly on taking time off due to snow, they drive SUV's and have no problem driving in it and their opinion is that if they can get in, so can everyone else. They dont shut down early because of snow (if its bad, you can just wait it out and keep working) and they dont call snow days (for reasons previously mentioned).

I know its a bit premature, but im already agonizing over what to do.  Help me choose.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards