Snarky Brides
Options

Why so rude?

2»

Re: Why so rude?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-so-rude?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f3596ec9-7430-4174-9250-39b26e300acdPost:bd0c553e-e1d3-4454-ac84-713868330ffb">Re: Why so rude?</a>:
    [QUOTE]KD- These bumps are actually on my arms...although I do get them under my arms too. I have sensitive skin when it comes to a razor. I love dobies! They can be great dogs!
    Posted by Jessalyn2013[/QUOTE]

I get them as well and from everything what I've read its dry skin.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think you can get premade mixtures, but I like mixing my own because then I have more control over it, and I can adjust it when I need to. Like, my skin gets drier over the winter, so I add more avocado and grapeseed oils to moisturize more.
    Wuppikins loves you!

"Hater-ade is full of disrespectrolytes" - Mehg
  • Options
    Do you use the oil method daily? Or is it 1-2 x weekly thing?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-so-rude?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f3596ec9-7430-4174-9250-39b26e300acdPost:96ef524b-e3ff-42e3-9a33-e37d0acbf7ca">Re: Why so rude?</a>:
    [QUOTE] Jess, google Keratosis Pilaris. I have it, and I have tried a few different things to combat it. The first thing is a body lotion/cream called KP Duty, which works pretty well, especially in conjunction with the KP Duty scrub, and the other thing is - you guessed it - oil cleansing. They both work about the same.
    Posted by ConKFA319[/QUOTE]

Almost 29 years old and I had no idea I have Keratosis Pilaris. Yup, that's exactly what it is! Damnit...I have chicken skin!!! I'll look into that more now that I know it's actually called something.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I usually do it every other day or every 3 days. And always before I get in the shower.
    Wuppikins loves you!

• Options
    What do you use on the "off days"?  Sorry for the questions. I am really intrigued by this oil cleansing method and I'm definitely going to try it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm sorry! I had to go to work so this is the first time I've had to check the thread again :(

On the off days, I usually just wash with a wet washcloth, and take off my eye makeup with some Vaseline (or, now that I finally found my new bottle, eye makeup remover). And then I moisturize with my favorite raw shea butter goodness :)
    Wuppikins loves you!

• Options
    Con- good to know. Thanks!

And thanks to the rest of you for getting me addicted...I should be putting the laundry away, but I just can't seem to do it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-so-rude?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f3596ec9-7430-4174-9250-39b26e300acdPost:e4fb2d14-da90-4b76-98ff-a63e3ed0eaa3">Why so rude?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why is everyone on this site so rude? Let me rephrase- why are there so many "advice givers" that respond in such a rude manner? I see a lot of brides-to-be on this site asking for legitimate help and there are very few people who are willing to actually give a real answer to their questions. It seems that every post gets turned around on the poster on why they are selfish or what they are doing wrong. There's a way to disagree without being a b*tch. Just needed to vent. Planning a wedding is stressful enough as it is, nobody needs the attitude that everyone seems to be getting from posters. Like I said, we came on here looking for advice not to get lectures.
    Posted by Jessalyn2013[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I've noticed this too, and I am equally baffled by it. One of the things that really gets me is that the women coming on here asking for help/advice are often stressed as it is, and I would think that other posters (especially long term ones, or those who are now married) would empathize with that and give advice in a friendly/supportive manner. That doesn't mean just appealing to what the poster wants to hear, it means not being condescending or trying to attack the person's character by calling them selfish and what not.

I've also noticed that it tends to be worse on certain boards. I've literally seen women ask identical questions, and depending on which board they've posted it to have been treated radically differently. Haha, even worse, I've seen some of the same posters straight up contradict themselves in those situations. />.<

</div>
    Don't mind me... I haven't slept since last Wednesday.
  • Options
    NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-so-rude?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f3596ec9-7430-4174-9250-39b26e300acdPost:b84e4c22-e29e-4156-8ad6-0a79c90c21b3">Re: Why so rude?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Why so rude? : I've noticed this too, and I am equally baffled by it. One of the things that really gets me is that the women coming on here asking for help/advice are often stressed as it is, and I would think that other posters (especially long term ones, or those who are now married) would empathize with that and give advice in a friendly/supportive manner. That doesn't mean just appealing to what the poster wants to hear, it means not being condescending or trying to attack the person's character by calling them selfish and what not. I've also noticed that it tends to be worse on certain boards. I've literally seen women ask identical questions, and depending on which board they've posted it to have been treated radically differently. Haha, even worse, I've seen some of the same posters straight up contradict themselves in those situations. />.<
    Posted by amanda0543[/QUOTE]

Will you please provide an example of two radically different posts by the same person on two boards?
  • Options
    amanda0543amanda0543 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_why-so-rude?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f3596ec9-7430-4174-9250-39b26e300acdPost:8eb975f2-c58d-4152-81fb-1a685add8d9c">Re: Why so rude?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why so rude? : Will you please provide an example of two radically different posts by the same person on two boards?
    Posted by NYCMercedes[/QUOTE]

<div>I really don't want to mention names (I really don't want to get in an argument/flamewar), but here are two posts from the same person regarding the same topic (cheating) spaced a month and a half apart on the same board:

</div><div>[QUOTE]You need to tell the person who is being cheated on ASAP.Some STDs aren't curable, and at least one is fatal. Cheating endangers the innocent party's LIFE. Don't give me that poop about "it's not my place." Well, whose is it? Would you like for your friend to give his future wife HPV, or instance? Or his next girlfriend chlamydia that he never knew he had?
    [/QUOTE]

</div><div>and then a month and a half later:

[QUOTE]Here's what you do. NOTHING. This is between the two of them.  Stay out of it, don't bring it up unless one of them indicates they need to talk, and then be a friend. Don't treat either of them any differently. Don't kick either of them out of the wedding.  They'll let you know if it's too much for them.  Let them do that.  Don't take it up on yourself to "help" because you won't be helping. This is unlikely to be the last public function at which they will have to meet up and deal with each other.
    [/QUOTE]

There are more examples from different posters, but I think the above case illustrates my point.</div>
    Don't mind me... I haven't slept since last Wednesday.
  • Options
    Lily9911Lily9911 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re:Why so rude?:[QUOTE]There's always trolls on every online community.

However, it has been my experience that most of this community is helpful and polite unless you ask hot topic questions.

There are some basic etiquette rules that should not be broken, and if you think otherwise you'll hear about it! Posted by Angelface225[/QUOTE]

When I was a bride I posted on this board and on Chit Chat a lot. I lurked for awhile then jumped right in.

I didn't ask a stupid question, I remember asking a legitimate question and the first person to respond made my life on TK a living hell. It got so bad that I had to change usernames so I could "start fresh".

Some girls may come off as rude but I think it's more of a bluntness. Now as for the others.... Yes, they are rude. :

But I'm going back almost 3 years now and I don't see those usernames on here anymore
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards