Snarky Brides
Options

work vent

Re: work vent

• Options
    Nebbs, this totally is a bad situation for you.  I remember thinking yesterday that it stunk to high heaven.  Does your work place have documentation of its basic processes and procedures?  If not, you could possibly suggest working on this and or just work on it starting with your job and what you do daily, monthly, weekly, etc, kind of a reference manual for newbies. 

Of course, I have no idea what you do for a living so I could totally be talking out my A$$. 
  • Options
    What did you do before you had to take over that sales position? Did you have enough work then? And, are they hiring a new person to take over the sales job? I am wondering if, after they hire a new guy, that you would have more work as a result. If so, then I say stick it out and see if they can get that department going again. Otherwise, it might be time to start looking for someting else.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_work-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f6a4d47c-d15c-4450-9ea4-6c8f2c778ca7Post:4174e7f1-2eb8-47b9-9d5c-17ec8f7f0359">Re: work vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]What did you do before you had to take over that sales position? Did you have enough work then? And, are they hiring a new person to take over the sales job? I am wondering if, after they hire a new guy, that you would have more work as a result.<strong> If so, then I say stick it out and see if they can get that department going again. Otherwise, it might be time to start looking for someting else.</strong>
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

<div>This exactly.  IMO, it is still always good to have an updated resume and an "idea" of what else is out there just in case anything happens.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_work-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f6a4d47c-d15c-4450-9ea4-6c8f2c778ca7Post:1b89dfd7-e468-41c2-a118-b45459044433">Re: work vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can you look for other prospects while just hanging in there?  Can you go to someone and ask them for somethig to do?   I feel for ya.  H is at lunch with one of his now-former CWs.  <strong>His car is loaded with his personal shiit and he's kind of in a state of shock.</strong>
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

<div>A relief kind of shock or a what the heck did I do kind of shock?</div>
  • Options
    Nebb, it sounds like they would not notice if you did sit there and suffer.  You have asked for work repeatedly and not been given much.  Hang in there, it must be so very boring for you. 
  • Options
    That sucks. I hate not being productive when I'm at work (i actually spent a lot of my lunches at my desk which is bad). I'm sorry nebbers :(
  • Options
    Its time to be creative. Is there anything that needs innovating or improving that you could just take hold of and start doing? Make yourself indespinsible. Maybe update desk references or research new software systems? Find a project that is not on anyone else's radar and just start doing it. 

I know, that's easier said than done, but at least the brainstorming process can take up some time. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    K thanks ladies :) I feel a bit better. I'm gonna dd now.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_work-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f6a4d47c-d15c-4450-9ea4-6c8f2c778ca7Post:27176621-27d0-484d-b750-af2312af2262">work vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Boobs
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Yes?
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_work-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f6a4d47c-d15c-4450-9ea4-6c8f2c778ca7Post:27176621-27d0-484d-b750-af2312af2262">work vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Boobs
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    pics or it didn't happen
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards