Snarky Brides

I need help: re charting...

Hi people who know things...

I have a chart posted in my sig...can someone please look at it and tell me why I got my period today? As far as I can tell I never ovulated? I am scared to post on TB yet, I haven't lurked quite enough and I am hoping someone here has enough knowledge of these things to help me...I took my last birth control pill just before this last cycle...I mean, I am happy I got my period, and I know I can get it without ovulating, just wondering if I need help reading my chart. 

thanks from person who feels like she knows nothing.

Re: I need help: re charting...

• SarahPlz is like an expert at this stuff. 

045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    It just looks like you ovulated around day 19/20 but you had incomplete info or something. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-need-help-re-charting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc6e8a25-d4f6-4291-b446-bdc4c4c78b94Post:90284eb9-56c0-457c-8b79-e86a18066c24">Re: I need help: re charting...</a>:
    [QUOTE]It just looks like you ovulated around day 19/20 but you had incomplete info or something. 
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Hmmm, maybe. I forgot my themometre here in Ontario when I went to Quebec...crap, now I wish I hadn't...</div>
  • Ditto Nebb.  There's quite a temp shift from CD15-20, so you may have O'd then.

That being said, your first few cycles off of BCP might be wonky, so don't stress at all yet!

Do you have a copy of TCOYF?  If not, you can read mine!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Also, I cant remember what the white circles mean (in place of the solid circles)?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-need-help-re-charting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc6e8a25-d4f6-4291-b446-bdc4c4c78b94Post:1a8bdbec-c7fe-4774-8663-67fb1c15e80a">Re: I need help: re charting...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, I cant remember what the white circles mean (in place of the solid circles)?
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>It means I took my temp at an 'irregular' time...or didn't sleep enough, it just means the data for that day might be off...</div><div>
    </div><div>Raynes - I do have a copy!  I knew I would be wonky...I am actually really surprised that I got my period since I have had no symptoms other than EATING MY FACE OFF.  At least that makes sense now. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-need-help-re-charting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc6e8a25-d4f6-4291-b446-bdc4c4c78b94Post:1a8bdbec-c7fe-4774-8663-67fb1c15e80a">Re: I need help: re charting...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, I cant remember what the white circles mean (in place of the solid circles)?
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

"<u>Open Circles and Dots:</u>
    If something in the data indicates that the temperature may be slightly inaccurate (either by events selected in the Special data area or by a time difference larger than normal), the temperature is plotted using a circle instead of a dot. Please note that these points do not need to be discarded. The circle will just indicate to the reader areas on the chart where the data may be less accurate."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-need-help-re-charting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fc6e8a25-d4f6-4291-b446-bdc4c4c78b94Post:337d8027-e4f3-49df-986a-0af93ab898a5">Re: I need help: re charting...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I need help: re charting... : It means I took my temp at an 'irregular' time...or didn't sleep enough, it just means the data for that day might be off... Raynes - I do have a copy!  I knew I would be wonky...I am actually really surprised that I got my period since I have had no symptoms other than EATING MY FACE OFF.  At least that makes sense now. 
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

Based on your temps, I'd say you probably even O'd this cycle, which is extra awesome for a first cycle off of BCP. 

IMO, charting is most useful in picking up patterns.  I mean, you want to know when to be extra careful if you're TTA, so it will take a few months to figure out your own pattern, especially as your body regulates from BCP.
  • I don't know squat about this stuff (I will be coming to you ladies when it is our time) but woooo Numbers!

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • I'm guessing you ovulated between 15 and 19. But honestly any temp spike could be it.  Did you have any fertile mucous around then? Sorry if that's TMI lol.
  • I'm reading it like the other girls, number. I think you did O, which is good for your first cycle off BCP. Like Raynes said, the benefit of learning your patterns is really great. Next month's chart might be totally different (which is perfectly okay), but it's a good sign that it looks like you've O'd this time around.
  • Ditto everyone else. I think you O'd around day 18-19... but this is coming from the girl who got knocked up TTA, so take my word for what you want ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards