March 2014 Weddings

South Carolina March 8, 2014 Too Cold????

Am I nuts to have an outdoor ceremony (inside reception) March 8 in Charleston?  Will I freeze my guests and be shivering in my photos? HELP! If I don't take this date, I might have to push the wedding to Fall 2014 (which is quickly filling up quickly!)

Re: South Carolina March 8, 2014 Too Cold????

• March can go either way, but I think it's much better to go with early March than choose a date during hurricane season!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Very true!! Thanks so much!!

• We are doing the 22nd in NJ, outdoor ceremony. My plan is to put a basket out with little blankets or shaws for the ceremony. My venue in indoor but it does have a heated deck with fireplaces for the cocktail hour and a outdoor fire pit area! I'm excited for a March wedding, I think it will be perfect!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love your basket of blankets idea!! Very cute!
  • That's a great idea!  We're doing March 29 up in Sussex County, and it's always about 5 degrees colder up there than where I live.  
  • More than the cold I'm worried about having enough time for pictures before the sun goes down. My ceremony and reception is at the same place so I can't have a gap between so ceremony is going to have to be at like 5.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Would you be opposed to doing pictures before the wedding? I'm planning to take pictures before and have my ceremony around 4:00 in order to avoid that same dilemma.
  • I don't know yet, I kind of don't want him to see me before the actual ceremony. I've thought about picture before the ceremony but I'm on the fence....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards