March 2014 Weddings

when is everyone going dress shopping?

I'm itching to start shopping for dresses, but i know it's too soon. When are all you march 2014 brides starting to really shop for a wedding gown?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: when is everyone going dress shopping?

• I ordered mine in August...the bridal salon said it would take 10 months to come in...glad I went early....have fun shopping
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm trying to lose weight, so once I get down to a certain size! Cool But I'm interesting dresses.
  • I'm waiting until March 2013.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Where is your wedding?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm going shopping in March and ordering no later than August. Might be getting one made, though...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2014-weddings_when-is-everyone-going-dress-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:179b8bb8-7e19-4a31-9506-cc60c908fe65Discussion:98988bc4-2ba5-44e9-8e11-ff509640d90bPost:51a326b6-8702-4223-bc7f-6eb77b6281dc">Re: when is everyone going dress shopping?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where is your wedding?
    Posted by nalex420[/QUOTE]

<div>my wedding's in North Brunswick.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've already bought my dress. I had planned a "just going to try stuff on for fun" trip but found the perfect dress.  Whoops!  It will take about 6 months to come in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • im not going until some time in 2013.
  • I went in September for fun and ended up buying a dress. I just gota  call last week that it arrived, so I'm picking it up on Saturday!  Anyone know a good bridal tailor in Rhode Island? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2014-weddings_when-is-everyone-going-dress-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:179b8bb8-7e19-4a31-9506-cc60c908fe65Discussion:98988bc4-2ba5-44e9-8e11-ff509640d90bPost:54c973e3-8f90-49f1-acef-06c3d2c476b3">Re: when is everyone going dress shopping?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went in September for fun and ended up buying a dress. I just gota  call last week that it arrived, so I'm picking it up on Saturday!  Anyone know a good bridal tailor in Rhode Island? 
    Posted by jwkosek[/QUOTE]

If you haven't already, you may want to post in your local board!
  • Around March probably.
  • I am wanting to lose weight before I go shopping, but I plan on starting in June and ordering no later than August.
  • I'm going in late March/early April.  I already know the dress I want.. Fingers crossed it looks as good on as it does in the pictures!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm going in March as well. I love that my family is just as excited as I am. Watching "Say Yes To The Dress" has me freaking out about to expect.
  • I was engaged to a different man about 8 years ago (long story) and (I'm old, haha) so I have literally been dress shopping (on and off) for like 8 years. 

THEREFORE, I finally got to the point have EXTENSIVE searching this time around (I've been engaged since Sept.) that I determined I needed to have mine custom made.  I wanted something very specific and atypical (for starters, a blue dress), and so I found a seamstress *YAY* and made a deposit, so now I just need to make a few more payments and she'll begin.  I figure as long as we pay her by mid-summer, I'm good!

Good luck!
  • I have already ordered my dress. It should be in on the 15th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards