October 2013 Weddings

I said YES to the Dress! :)

I made my second trip to go dress shopping this Saturday. I wasn't expecting to find a dress.  The first time I went shopping, on the 10th, I found 4 dresses that I really liked.  I figured it would be the same a this place and eventually I would narrow it down.

Well, the 2nd dress I tried on when I went on Saturday was THE ONE.  When I put it on in the dressing room I had to stop for a minute before I could even walk out to my mom, sister, aunt, BFF, and FMIL.  I tried on about 12 other dresses after that but nothing even came close to giving me that feeling.  I tried it on one last time before we left when the girl helping me said "I really don’t think I can top this one, let’s try it on again".  I walked out with a huge smile on my face.  Stood in front of the mirror and started crying lol.  I'm not an overly emotional person haha.

Here it is, an Allure dress.  I was sure I would be purchasing a Maggie Sottero!  haha
It is EXACTLY what I was looking for.  And I actually pinned this dress like a week or two ago lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I said YES to the Dress! :)

• Beautiful!  Isn't it awesome when you find it and you KNOW?!    You look gorgeous, and I love the back.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Very beautiful! Love it!

• That dress is gorgeous on you! Congratulations!
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Thank you!  I love it. I want to go back and put it on again lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Gorgeous dress!  I had the SAME feeling.  I walked in to the shop, had them pull my dress off the manaquin and I put it on.  Fit like a glove and NOTHING for the rest of the day compared.  I went and bought it the next morning and haven't looked back.  Mine is an Allure too.   Congrats on the dress, it really is pretty!

S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • Pretty! I always thought I would be a Maggie bride too but I am not!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_i-said-yes-to-the-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:056e586c-8d55-4f76-9bdd-f45dc5cc2f1fPost:b770b967-a339-4fcd-b44f-cfc5880a4de2">Re: I said YES to the Dress! :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gorgeous dress!  I had the SAME feeling.  I walked in to the shop, had them pull my dress off the manaquin and I put it on.  Fit like a glove and NOTHING for the rest of the day compared.  I went and bought it the next morning and haven't looked back.  Mine is an Allure too.   Congrats on the dress, it really is pretty!
    Posted by 09McSteph03[/QUOTE]

Everyone told me that I would just KNOW when it was the right dress but I didn't believe them.  It was hard for me to find a dress I didn't like haha.  Plus, the girl pulling dresses on Saturday was so on point with what I wanted.  Every dress she brought out was beautiful.  But they just didn't compare!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards