October 2013 Weddings
Options

(IF) Insurance Help!!

XP from IF:

I have primary insurance coverage through UHC w/ IF benefits of 15K, which I used most of during my first IVF. I also have secondary insurance through BCBS, w/ a lifetime max of 2 IVF cycles.

The woman at BCBS just told me that b/c I used one cycle w/ UHC, I only have one cycle left covered though BCBS, even though they didn't cover my first IVF. She said it's the state mandate (my BCBS coverage is through CT). 

I wonder if this means the $15K at UHC was actually my lifetime max b/c it's my primary insurance?  I'm not even sure which state that policy is from. 

The woman at BCBS didn't even have a record of me having a secondary insurance; she thought they were my primary. 

I was afraid to say anything else so I hung up and called the girl at my clinic who handles this stuff, so I didn't get it straightened out. 

Does this sound right to you?  I'm sick to my stomach - I thought I had 3 cycles covered, not 2.  How did no one ever tell me this, and I never gathered this from looking at any of the language, and I POURED over it. 

I figured $15K lifetime max meant $15K lifetime max WITH THAT INSURANCE CO.  And I thought 2 lifteime IVF cycles meant 2 liftetime IVF cycles WITH THAT INSURANCE CO.  Not across totally seperate plans. 

I'm so upset.
TTC in 2008. Stage II/III endo, Hashimotos hypothyroid, low morph (3%).
2 cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/Crinone=BFN.
IUI #1 - 4 Follistim/Ovidrel/IUI/Crinone = BFN.
IVF #1 - Antagonist w/ ICSI 4/10. 17 retrieved, 5DT of 2, BFN :(
IVF #2 - Long Lupron w/ ICSI 6/10. 15 retrieved, 3DT of 2, BFFN!!
Lap 7/21/10
IVF #3 - Clomid/Antagonist w/ ICSI 10/10. 14 retreived, 3DT of 3, BFP 10/20 but m/c. No HB 11/15/10 - D&C 11/17/10.
FET - 2 blasts, 1 survived the thaw. Transfer 2/19. Beta #1 3/1 375, Beta #2 3/3 885, Beta #3 3/8 4261, Beta #4 3/11 9005. U/S 3/8 1 sac 1 yolk, U/S 3/16 1 heartbeat 114bpm!.

James Paul born Oct. 24th 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks!

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out."
"Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards