October 2013 Weddings

Navy Blue Bridesmaids Dresses

Where and when is the best time to find navy blue bridesmaids dresses? I have already looked at Davids Bridal Marine and it just isn't dark enough. Any Suggestions?

Re: Navy Blue Bridesmaids Dresses

• Try a bridal salon not David's Bridal. They have brands like Jordan, Alfred Angelo.... they all have color swatches that you can see what the color looks like. Also, this far out I don't think you need to worry about BM dresses. They typically don't need to be ordered until 6-9 months before the day.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_navy-blue-bridesmaids-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:2aba2017-1a64-454d-9fea-c91ce4a8a973Post:e83e78a0-359b-438a-b819-00e4096c6ae5">Re: Navy Blue Bridesmaids Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try a bridal salon not David's Bridal. They have brands like Jordan, Alfred Angelo.... they all have color swatches that you can see what the color looks like. Also, this far out I don't think you need to worry about BM dresses. They typically don't need to be ordered until 6-9 months before the day.
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree about using a bridal salon, they are generally more flexible. Although Im not someone who likes waiting for BM dresses or anything like that because I am an overly paranoid person who knows when something is going to go wrong... it will lol. I always plan ahead and plan to get my BM dresses no later than august to allot for the 6-9 months it takes for them to come in/ the time it takes to alter if need be and the possibility of something going wrong. However that is totally my paranoia, and I am sure most brides wait to get their BM dresses. lol</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_navy-blue-bridesmaids-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:2aba2017-1a64-454d-9fea-c91ce4a8a973Post:e4fff398-7395-4eb2-9bc6-36225906f0ac">Re: Navy Blue Bridesmaids Dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Navy Blue Bridesmaids Dresses : I agree about using a bridal salon, they are generally more flexible. Although Im not someone who likes waiting for BM dresses or anything like that because I am an overly paranoid person who knows when something is going to go wrong... it will lol. I always plan ahead and plan to get my BM dresses no later than august to allot for the 6-9 months it takes for them to come in/ the time it takes to alter if need be and the possibility of something going wrong. However that is totally my paranoia, and I am sure most brides wait to get their BM dresses. lol
    Posted by Briannasteve[/QUOTE]

They say 6-9 months out for order because that also includes the alteration time. My sister is getting married this Aug, dresses had to be ordered by Feb, they are supposed to be in by June.

• shannie11shannie11 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2012
    We ordered our dresses for my sisters wedding from a bridal salon, which is this June, at the beginning of September.  They came in about a month ago.  So that was about 6 months.  I have yet to go get fitted for it but should prob do that soon! :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • We're doing navy blue as well for the bride's maids and I've been looking at JCrew and Ann Taylor's bridal collections. They are names I use in every day life and they seem to have good reviews for returns and customer service. I should note that I have a tailor (not salon affiliated) that I'll be using if we need her. Good luck and please let us know what you find!
  • I'm waiting until the fall collection comes out for this year. My BM dresses are going to be navy as well, hopefully floor length. Even if I don't start shopping until this October, I'll still have a year to make sure the BMs have their dress. Nothing out right now fits in color or style since it's all spring/summer fare. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards