October 2013 Weddings

Flower ideas?

Hi ladies,
I was wondering if anyone has picked out their flowers yet. I hear it's cheaper to get flowers that are in season, but I honestly have no idea what's in season in October. My bridesmaid dresses are clover green, so I want something that complements them, but still goes with the fall theme. Any ideas would be super great.
Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Graduation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers

Re: Flower ideas?

• shannie11shannie11 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I haven't even thought about it yet.  I do have a florist I want to go because it is included in my package.  I like Hydrangeas and peonies.   However, one of my friends is getting married in may.  She recently went to a florist and they told her she was too early to go.  So I def think we have awhile.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • This may vary by region, but I'm not sure. I was told that the following are in season (in NJ) and are easy for my florist to get. (Peonies are not one of them, however)

-Sunflower
    -Gerbera Daisy
    -Hydrangea
    -Roses
    -Calla lily

I also googled and found that Anemone and Dahlia should be in season, bu tneed to ask my florist

My family has worked with my florist for many events through the years so I have complete trust in her style and work. There really isn't any specific flower I want or don't want, so I put together some ideas, but it's not really on my mind yet.

I did put a pinterest album together of bouquets with those flowers to see some possibilities:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• We went last month because I wanted to see in person (not pictures) what flowers were in season. The florist told me a lot of flowers are in season. I want to carry roses, but for other flowers my favorite are the stargazer lilies. It matches our wedding color well too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks so much for responding. I really like gerbera daisies and hydrangeas, so maybe I'll go with that. I like sunflowers, I just really don't want those in my bouquet for some reason. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Graduation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • I'm doing a lot of DIY! I want to save money, so I am making a brooch boquet...No real flowers for me Laughing
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited November 2012
    See if you can snag a copy of Real Simple Weddings! they have a beaufitul spread of flowers by season flowers and their various colors! I'm just leaving it up to our designer florist since I'm not really the flower type and our theme is pretty generic on the flowers anyway
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers Check out My Blog
  • @PearlyPanda saw your sig, I'm also graduating in MAY! I'm so over undergrad lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers Check out My Blog
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_flower-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:564ed347-c797-4fec-af91-1e706cf8306bPost:c740e3a6-99f9-49b0-a05e-7c638006903d">Re: Flower ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]@PearlyPanda saw your sig, I'm also graduating in MAY! I'm so over undergrad lol.
    Posted by GoldenCityDreamer[/QUOTE]
     ME TOO!!  :) Congrats on graduating!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards