October 2013 Weddings
Options

Vent vent vent

I emailed my photographer last night to get final plans for our engagement shoot for Friday. I was wondering where to meet and what we may need to bring. I get an email back this morning saying she totally forgot to write down our session and now she has a family shoot in our slot. I booked this back in August, and both FI and I took days off from work, and we've been organizing outfits all week. So now we have a different day and I'm crossing my fingers it doesn't rain because its in the forcast. Frustrating!! Thanks for listening.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vent vent vent

• Options
    dewingedpixiedewingedpixie member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2012
    I'd be mighty pissed and tell her she has to move the other date or find another photographer.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    I would be very frustrated as well. We have ours scheduled tomorrow and this is the third appointment we are going to try for. The rain cancelled one and there wasn't enough fall color for our first. Were rescheduled tomorrow and its suppose to rain again! Im getting agitated!!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, that is the epitome of unprofessional.   I'd start looking for another photographer.  What if she "forgets" to write down your wedding date?

In any case, I hope your photos turn out gorgeous. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_vent-vent-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:5cb75a13-d762-4b2d-9748-e9a291595154Post:5f22ad69-4155-485a-8503-eb45caf33f9b">Re: Vent vent vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, that is the epitome of unprofessional.   I'd start looking for another photographer.  What if she "forgets" to write down your wedding date? In any case, I hope your photos turn out gorgeous. 
    Posted by JaneAustensGhost[/QUOTE]

<div>I actually did say something to her about not forgetting our wedding date. Ugh that would just be fantastic wouldn't it!?</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That is definitly not okay. My photog messaged me the week before our pictures to make sure we were still set for that particular day and to get locations figured out.

• Options
    That is awful and things like that are all of our worst fears!  Did she apologize?  That is very frustrating.  

• Options
    She was very apologetic and states this has never happened before, however I find it extremely frustrating that the first time has happened to me. I am hoping to be compensated in some way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I hope she gives you bring credits or something to "fix" it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards