October 2013 Weddings

Wedding Colors/Theme: Dark Purple, Gold, Fall

I was hoping for some help with this. I was thinking of doing dark purple and gold as the wedding colors (for reference, david's bridal calls them plum and golden). Now, so far I want to do a gold vest for the groom, purple vests for the groomsmen, purple dresses for the bridesmaids. Purple tablecloths and sashes and gold napkins. So, now for the question: What can I do for the centerpieces and other decorative touches - I'm afraid of going a bit overboard with the colors. One idea that's popped into my head was fall-themed centerpieces (orange, red, brown silk flowers in vases). What do you guys think? Do you have any suggestions for this uncertain bride? Thanks so much and congratulations to the lucky brides!

Re: Wedding Colors/Theme: Dark Purple, Gold, Fall

• I love the idea of purple and gold. I'm not sure about the fall themed centerpieces. I don't think it would look bad, I just kinda imagined gold centerpieces on the purple table cloth. It just doesn't seem like the fall colors mix with the purple in my head.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks. I've been sort of wiggling back and forth. And I think I'll stick to the colors rather than the theme. Any ideas for cute (CHEAP) centerpieces or where I can find ideas? I really appreciate it.
  • I'm actually stuck on centerpieces too. Most people do flowers- but I want something else. I like candles, but don't want to worry about lighting them or kids knocking them over. 

Where in NC are you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ideas for centerpiece:

If flowers, what are your favorite ones? Mine specifically are Gerber Daisies. Im going silk ones that I ordered from Afloral.com, good price and real looking too.

If not flowers you could order cylinder vases from dollartree.com (shipped to store or your home) put in some stones (maybe purple) fill with water and have floating candle then place votive holders around the main one on the tables.

My friend did lemons in centerpieces

• If you go floral, maybe you could do cream-colored flowers? That would complement the purple and gold theme without seeming like color overload.
    Planning Bio (click), still in its early stages
  • I am having a Black Gold and Purple wedding theme (May 2013) because of the strong colours the centre pieces (I'm hovering around candles at the moment) will be more of a neutral so as not to "colour overload" if that makes sense xXx
  • I'm around Raleigh NC. I've decided to do floating candles in a low vase because I'm not a big flower fan (and a freakin' love candles!) I just wanted to say that I really appreciate everyone input on this. Thanks everyone!
  • Im doing dark purple and gold.  Look at this table.. this might help <a href="http://media-cache9.pinterest.com/upload/281193570453649515_gJFhRSwl_f.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://media-cache9.pinterest.com/upload/281193570453649515_gJFhRSwl_f.jpg</a>

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_wedding-colorstheme-dark-purple-gold-fall?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:5e60f0aa-9ddb-46d6-ae38-2046276554d1Post:22becb37-fec8-4600-89f4-0a8af91a023d">Re: Wedding Colors/Theme: Dark Purple, Gold, Fall</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm actually stuck on centerpieces too. Most people do flowers- but I want something else. I like candles, but don't want to worry about lighting them or kids knocking them over.  Where in NC are you?
    Posted by toribrite[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• You could do potted pansies. Pansies are a fall flower and are purple and gold. You could get round pots and spray paint them gold. Then put the purple flowers in.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards