October 2013 Weddings

Can't focus on a theme!

So, this is my second wedding and the first time I did the whole color thing and thats about it. I did a lot of DIY and various shades of blue but didn't really even KNOW that there were such things as 'themes' until almost the wedding. I figured I would do a theme for an anniversary party or something.

Now, I KNOW I don't want to do the typical color thing. It was soooooo cool and pretty the first time but I obviously want the second to be different. I like so many themes though, I just can't nail one down! LOL! Opinions on the following, ladies?

Fall colors throughout - kind of a given but can't let it rest at that, like I did the first time
Celtic/Scottish(him)/Irish(me) - he is wearing his family kilt, although we are both changing our name, which is - out of ALL the colors in the world - yellow! ugh! and reddish brownish, which feed into the fall colors theme

So, now I need a crazy theme - okay, I don't NEED one but I really want one, like a full one (like LOTR, WOW, DnD, farmers, theatre, etc). We are both dorks/nerds but in different ways, he works for the USPS, I am in school, he has a kid and I don't so:

*Pets (both very into dogs and cats and his daughter is CRAZY into them)
*Electronics (TV, phone, laptop, music) - both always on them and we love singing together in the car (both very bad at it, though, lol)
*Gothic Medieval - daughter very into this but him not as much, me sorta
*Fairies/renaissance kinda thing - we're all 'sorta' into this

Grrrr!!!! LOL This is gonna be a fun two years, I'm really enjoying this (as much as I may sound stressed, I'm not!)!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can't focus on a theme!

• My theme is that this is my wedding... our love for each other & the things we enjoy sharing together in life will shine through with little personal touches of "us." Don't need a movie or anything to focus on for a theme. Our style is rustic elegance with purples and grays, but as for "theme," it's us :) Focus on the two of you, and it will fall into place with the details you choose throughout the process. Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards