October 2013 Weddings

Feeling Overwhelmed

So my soon to be in laws asked us for an estimate on what our food bill will be since we already have our hallf picked out and have a package that we are going with. Well in making the guestlist so we can give them an estimate so we know what they are helping pay for I just have my family, our friends/co-workers, and his immediate family worked out at we are at 178 guests to be invited. This is not including his 188 family memebers of aunts, uncles, first cousins, and one grandmother. We still have not gotten a list of his parents friends that they'd like to invite. Yes i know only 75% show up and the guy at the hall said the more you invite the move the number goes down of who shows up. We figured if 300 people show up thats a $7600 bill (luckily beer is included in this cost) but if more show up, OMG we are looking at over 8k on the food bill...... AAGGHHH Its not like the people we have on the list we can delete either because they are close friends or family that if you don't invite they will never let it down.

Anyone else having this problem?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards