October 2013 Weddings
Options

planing

do you all think im planning to far  ahead???

Re: planing

• Options
    I don't think it's a bad idea.  Personally, I'm too afraid I'm going to change my mind so I'm waiting til next year (probably summer) to really get things rolling.  Another reason is that it'll take that long to save the money we need to at least book a venue.
  • Options
    We have done:

~Venues Booked (reception hall and ceremony site)
    ~Silk flowers bought and stored in safe place (i knew I wanted gerbers and they were on sale)
    ~Centerpiece bowls (i got 50 for $10 and I still need to buy 5 more)
    ~Scoops and bags for candy buffet as I got a good deal on them
    ~I did and I know ppl will frown at this, buy my dress. It will take until July to come in and I knew what I was looking for and it fit perfect at the store. I run so I don't plan on gaining weight nor do I or FI want kids so that won't be happening and I have until the day of my wedding to pay it off.
    ~Photographer picked out but not booked
    ~My wedding band picked out and a deposit made on it (locked in our price since gold keeps going up). We went to  the same private jeweler bought my ring, he sold it to us cheaper then what the ring was supposed to be since he knows we'll buy FI band there and my FI is looking for stud earring for me there also.

We have not:
    ~Asked anyone to stand up
    ~Decided on tuxes/BM dresses and wont until 6 months prior
    ~Picked out  DIY invites
    ~Booked DJ
    ~Booked cake person for cupcakes and cookies
    ~Got engagement pictures

• Options
    I am having a problem booking my reception/ceremony site. The places I like are saying they don't have 2013 pricing yet and won't let me book :(

-I am using coupons and finding sales for the decorating part and flowers.
    -I have picked out some VP STDs and invites, but haven't bought them yet.
    -I have a friend who will be doing musiic via ipod for us. I have a friend who will be doing the photography.
    -Haven't done cake/cupcakes yet.
    -I have picked out my dress, but I am looking for it used online and at consignments. I have picked out the shoes and ring pillows (two of them) but have not bought them yet. 
    -My birdesmaids have all picked out their dresses (same color/different styles). My fiance has asked two people to stand so far- considering two more (in which case I will need one more BM).
    -Have talked about who we want to officiate, but have not decided/asked.
    -We aren't getting engagement pictures- one more thing to not spend money on.
    -I have my one and only ring (designed by myself with my great grandmothers stone in it). And I will be buying my fiances ring for our anniversary in Jan!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    There is nothing wrong with getting some things done ahead of time. In fact, I feel so far behind compared to all of you :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards