October 2013 Weddings
Options

Candy Bar or Candy Apple Bar?

The venue we're going to see and probably sign on offers a candy apple bar for the reception at an added cost. I absolutely love the idea, the cost I however do not like. They charge 11.95 a head plus 26% service and gratuity. This means its actually roughly $15 a head. FI and I really do love candy apples, but we also love candy. I think I could set up a candy bar for $5-$7 a head on our own getting beautiful glass jars for cheap on ebay or something. Now we are having a very formal wedding and a candy apple bar would be far more formal than candy with little boxes/dishes to eat it out of, but I'm also trying to keep costs within reason. Which would you choose? I love the apple bar, and I know FI will love it too. He would probably also just pay the cost but I am not one to just cough up an extra 1500 so easily so I want to make my mind up for certain before I even show him this as an option because he will want it. I just want a house more :D.
DIStickers.com Ticker

Re: Candy Bar or Candy Apple Bar?

• Options
    I personally think spending $1,500 for candy apples is insanely exepsnive.  I love the idea though!  I would go with the candy bar because the cost really doesn't create enough benefit, in my eyes.  

• Options
    Note that its make your own candy apple bar. It comes with apples, caramel and an assortment of toppings. I agree I think its expensive for 100 people, but it would be neat.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    Ha you must have been typing this while I was doing mine.

Anywho, we are having a candy buffet as our "desserts". But I am also adding a bday cake for FI and some small torts or something to it.

You can get the nice jars/vases from Home Goods for cheaper than you can online. Also look on your local craigslist.

• Options
    Candy apples are expensive!  I also thought about the idea but the ones i want came to $800.  I can't justify it.  I am doing apple cider donuts but if I buy 150 of them the cost is only $100.  I agree that a candy buffet can be done cheaper than candy apples!  I also think people will enjoy it more.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm also considering adding nuts and gluten free pretzels/gluten free cheese crackers to the candy buffet. This way it provides snacks into the evening. I havent decided on the wedding favors yet. Maybe we will do caramel sauce packaged with an apple or two.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_candy-bar-or-candy-apple-bar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:89eb62c1-b68d-4c4b-a5be-6c1629fa55c7Post:1183e0b1-2cf9-414b-8e8c-dd07896bf0d9">Re: Candy Bar or Candy Apple Bar?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm also considering adding nuts and gluten free pretzels/gluten free cheese crackers to the candy buffet. <strong>This way it provides snacks into the evening. I havent decided on the wedding favors yet.</strong> Maybe we will do caramel sauce packaged with an apple or two.
    Posted by dewingedpixie[/QUOTE]

Our candy buffet is our favors. If you decide to go the buffet route, Ebay has little clear plastic baggies and scoops/tongs for $29 I think It was three scoops two tongs and 100 plastic bags. I didn't think that was bad at all. I will be making my own oval stickers with some labels from an office supply store with our initials and date on them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards