October 2013 Weddings
Options

Hi Everyone!!

Hi ladies and gents!

My fiance recently proposed on Saturday, Dec 15 and we decided to get married in Oct. Not exactly sure of which date yet but am hoping to reel it in soon.

I am a bit overwhelmed because I don't know if 9 months is enough time but God willing, I will try.

We have been together for 6 years and I am so excited for our future together!

I would love to hear any advice you have as I am so new to this. I have planned my imaginary wedding millions of times, lol, but now that it is here... I'm lost!

My name is RC, by the way, great meeting you all.

Re: Hi Everyone!!

• Options
    WELCOME RC! It's great to meet you! Congrats on the engagement!

It's great that you're starting off with a solid foundation six years in the making! My only advice would be too book your vendors & save your date as soon as your find what fits best with you and your FI.

My FI and I booked our main venues and date before we announced our engagment to our families back in April :-D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers Check out My Blog
  • Options
    Welcome & Congrats! I agree with Golden...sent that date soon because if you have a venue in mind they book up quick. I booked mine back in Sept and I took the last spot! My wedding is October 18th and alot of things book quick the other stuff you just make it happen. Congrats and good luck!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_hi-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:c61c0ebf-04b6-4cb6-887f-d5a54c9c190fPost:69038fee-65c4-4708-8b8c-9a280fa4fefc">Hi Everyone!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies and gents! My fiance recently proposed on Saturday, Dec 15 and we decided to get married in Oct. Not exactly sure of which date yet but am hoping to reel it in soon. I am a bit overwhelmed because I don't know if 9 months is enough time but God willing, I will try. We have been together for 6 years and I am so excited for our future together! I would love to hear any advice you have as I am so new to this. I have planned my imaginary wedding millions of times, lol, but now that it is here... I'm lost! My name is RC, by the way, great meeting you all.
    Posted by Team Venezuasian[/QUOTE]

<div>Best wishes on your engagement!</div><div>
    </div><div>You can totally do it in 9 months! It will be a lot of work, but you can do it!  We got engaged at the end of August and were originally (thinking) of planning a July 6th wedding.  We got in touch with vendors we knew we liked and they were open on that date (and the other date they were all free was our date, October 12th), but when it came to really setting a date, we thought the later was better for us.</div><div>
    </div><div>Congrats on being together for a long time! We are at 8 years together in February. </div><div>
    </div><div>Happy planning!</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    Thank you all very much for the kind words and encouragement. It's barely been a week but I keep going from "excited" to "Oh gaw, is it over yet?!"  - Sometimes my FI has to remind me that it's my day and that the small details won't matter at the end.

I couldn't go into much detail before since I was on my phone, but I have decided that 10/26/13 will be our date! I had originally chosen 10/5/13... but found out one of our good friend's is also getting married that day. I was bummed. 10/5 would have worked out perfect because our kids would be out of school a whole week after, for Fall Break.. but alas, such is life.

Any tips on keeping my engagement ring in tip top shape? I have been taking it off every time I wash dishes/wash my hands... not sure if I'm just being paranoid, lol.

Here's a picture of my ring... the camera doesn't do it justice. He really picked a winner. HIs mom told me it's in the top 1% of all diamonds in the world... apparently it is called a "fire diamond", and the setting I have is only 1 of 3 ever made in the US... hope I don't sound like a McBraggy Brag pants, but I have been waiting so long (to the point where I just figured we'd be livin' in sin for the rest of our lives) and would have been happy with a string around my finger... he made me feel like the most special person in the world! If you know my FI, romance isn't his thing. LOL Not that he doesn't try. ;)

• Options
    Take some time to enjoy being engaged, but start picking out your main vendors now because they usually fill up one year in advance. Congratulations!!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards