October 2013 Weddings
Options

When are you going dress shopping?

Hey ladies - since our weddings are so far away, I was wondering how many of you have gone dress shopping or have purchased your dress. I'm going shopping this Saturday. Post pics if you have them!

Re: When are you going dress shopping?

• Options
    I already bought my dress. I fell in love with one at a bridal show that was super expensive. The boutique happened to be selling off their samples, and I won $500 off my dress.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    I have my dress already. I went to DB to try on a dress I really liked and thought would be discontinued soon. It was a chiffon dress (which is what I thought I wanted). I tried in on and it was pretty but it did not look like a wedding dress at all to me (even when she put a veil on me).

A bridal store in town was having a going out of business sale at that time so I headed over there cause I knew they carried Mori Lee dresses and I liked some of her chiffon dresses. They did not have any chiffon Mori Lee's there but after looking around the store twice and not seeing anything too special I noticed one dress all by it self hanging by the front counter. It just happened to be a Mori Lee Blue line dress. I asked if it was on hold, they said no, so I tried it on even though the price tag said $741 which was out of my budget (they were having a 75% off sale so I knew it would be cheaper). I tried it on and it fit perfectly! The lady went to calculate the price for me and came back and said it would be $185 out the door! I freaked out a little cause I was by myself (did not bring anyone cause I did not plan on buying a dress that day) and after calling my mom I bought the dress.

It is totally not what I thought I wanted (aka not chiffon) and it has a longer train then I wanted (I will keep it bustled most likely) but when I put it on my first thought was THIS is a wedding dress! Here are some pics for you. (The model pics made it hard to tell but the appliques in the close up shots are all over the dress including down the train). I still have not uploaded the pics of me in the dress to my computer so these are all I have for now...

Good luck finding your dress!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm planning on going at the end of the year....probably around October.  I'm soooo picky so I know I need to give myself enough time to find a dress haha.  Plus I want to make sure I give myself plenty of time to do everything. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am also waiting until October . I don't want to pick something now and regret it in 6 months.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm waiting at least until the one year mark so I have time to get a little closer to my wedding day weight (Loose 30-40lbslbs yikes@). I'm taking my sister, mother, Future SIL, and a few of my Bridesmaids! It's going to be a huge girls outting event! Most likely I'll wait until the big sales and fall styles roll back around next summer unless I'm online and I find THE ONE. Then I wont have to worry so much about getting it re-sized when I can just get it to fit me right closer to the date.

I sort of already know what I want though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers Check out My Blog
  • Options
    Im going shopping at my FI friends shop in July when my favorite designer is having a trunk sale. If I cant find a dress at her shop then I will go up to NY like my aunt offered to go shopping with her and my mom
  • Options
    I am waiting until January to really go out and look, but right now I am having fun looking at all the different designers and dresses that there are online.  I dont want to buy anything too soon and then find something else I like a little closer to the wedding.
  • Options
    Where in NY would you be going? Kleinfelds?  I love watching Say Yes to the Dress, but could never afford to buy something from there.
  • Options
    I'm going shopping this Saturday! I kept saying "I want to lose weight before I go" but I still haven't really kicked it into that high gear focus. Now I'm thinking the other way around in hopes that seeing myself bigger than I want to be in a dress, might jump start my motivation. Good thing is, when I gain (and I fluctuate a lot) I tend to keep a similar shape so I'm hoping I'll get a feel for at least what I like.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am going in a couple of weeks. I want to hold off on buying one until the fall collections come out. I also want to go early to see what styles look best on me so I can focus my internet searches on those styles.
  • Options
    Iconoran, I am the same way! I am always super curvy regardless of my weight - tig ol' bitties and a large derriere with a small waist. I am happy with my shape, but it WOULD be nice to slim down a little for those pictures ;) I figure the most I'll slim down is one size, and that's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things since alterations will be made anyway. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_when-are-you-going-dress-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:c8a191e2-5bd6-4b43-bcb5-0cf2f52de3a9Post:5e21838a-5a42-44f0-a38b-0c5e6a1e5bee">Re: When are you going dress shopping?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Iconoran, I am the same way! I am always super curvy regardless of my weight - tig ol' bitties and a large derriere with a small waist. I am happy with my shape, but it WOULD be nice to slim down a little for those pictures ;) I figure the most I'll slim down is one size, and that's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things since alterations will be made anyway. 
    Posted by ammcadams[/QUOTE]

Lol exactly the same! My fiance loves the curves, but I'd definitely like to have them a little smaller for the big day :o) And the "girls" are a little out of control at this point! LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Found my dress! I'm so excited. It's an Essense of Australia in Oyster with a beaded belt by the same designer. So excited!! 

• Options
    I fell in love with this dress but im waiting until jan or feb to buy it

• Options
    I saw a dress when I went to purchase my bridesmaid dress for a friends wedding I'm in, which just happened to be 2 days before my fiancé proposed (June 16th). I went back last Friday to try on wedding gowns and tried on the one I saw and I fell in love. It was love at first sight and I knew - "that's the one"! Tried it on and 1 other (I had 6 picked out) but knew it was pure l.o.v.e! Doesn't hurt to look around now and if you find the one, great! If not, you still have plenty if time to keep looking.
  • Options

there are so many styles 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards