October 2013 Weddings

Weekend Checks!

Today is our 9 month mark! 1 check is 100% WR, the others are about 50/50.

I mailed 98% of our save-the-dates today. (I need confirmation on addresses on 3 people and 1 person is currently in between addresses, but gave me the address she's going to be at in 2-3 weeks)

I also went to Ulta and bought some nice make up, since my sister/MOH is going to be doing my makeup the day of. We're getting pictures taken the 16th of Feb, and so I want to do a trial run of the products I'll be using. I scheduled a facial for next Friday to exfoliate this gross dead&dry skin off. I also found a teal blazer for our pictures!

I got my eyes checked and updated my prescription, as well as discovered I may be allergic to silicone (which is apparently a newer thing?) So I'm trying out a different kind of contacts before the big day.

How are your weekend checks going?

Re: Weekend Checks!

• Non-wedding related- Got an oil change and a car wash cause my car was disgustingly dirty.

Wedding related- May buy the groupons for my invitations/inserts. I have everything designed on Vistaprint (I need my fiance to finish our map) and then we are ready to order. Not sure when I will actually order since the groupons are good for awhile. When is everyone else ordering their invites?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bought stamps today if that counts LOL. They go up on Monday so I made sure to get enough forever stamps for my STDs and thank you cards for my bridal shower.  I may strt addressing the STDs tomorrow.  Tomorrow we are also going to look at wedding bands where my fiance bought my ring .  They have a sale in march but I want to go see if they have anything that I would even like.Laughing
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Wedding checks - chose bridal party colors and let the girls know (they all live out of state) so they all have appointments within the next few weeks to try on and choose their dresses. I think I also have chosen the flower girl dresses too. I had my first run at trying on dresses for myself but haven't liked any so far, so the search continues. STDs will be ordered and mailed as soon as my photographer gets images from our winter session back to me! Small checks, but we're getting there. 
    cassandra + justin. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • EmilyTorkEmilyTork member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2013
    Lots of checks I guess. Last week most the STDs went out, need a few confirmations on addresses, but also some questionable family lol. 
    FI went to jeweler, and they said they would special order his ring (he has ginourmous hands, a 14 ring size!) 
    Bought pendant for my nana who passed away, cake topper, shoes and signs for tables. 

Non-wedding related... all these overnights wore me down. Pretty sure I have THE flu. Us Minnesotans are not on the lucky end of the flu. And FI was pretty sick on Friday, trash can at your side sick :( Felt so  bad for him!

ETA: We also put up my paper chain that counts down to our wedding day. I'm a total dork, but I really don't care!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Scheduled our cake tasting (YAY!!) and booked our limo! 

We also met with a travel agent yesterday and I talked with another today about our honeymoon because we want to book soon even though we are taking it 4 months after the wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I booked our DJ and reserved the date with our baker!

I also met with one photographer and really liked her.

This coming week we are looking at invites and have an appointment with another photographer, and I am going to try to set something up with a caterer also.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• I did nothing wedding-related this weekend! Ah!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards