October 2013 Weddings
Options

Too soon to book a venue?? Worried about possible issues/getting deposit back

How soon are you ladies booking your venues? I don't want to lose my date, but i'm SO worried somethign will happen and we won't get our deposit back. The deposit is 1500,so that's a LOT to lose... Any ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Too soon to book a venue?? Worried about possible issues/getting deposit back

• Options
    We only visited one venue in the area and booked it almost immediately. We fell in love with it and decided we didn't need to look anymore. Our deposit was nearly $3500, but that is for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. We are doing everything at one venue. I would recommend booking soon - the dates for the place you want will be swallowed up quickly. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. My date is still available at my venue of choice and My Fiance and I have a meeting scheduled for next week :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    kayla2536kayla2536 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I would do it soon. I thought I would have more time too then I found a place I really love and all their Saturdays are booked up for October 2013! Luckily I'm staying as flexible as possible and I am going to do a Friday! It's cheaper that way anyway!
  • Options
    Can you explain what you mean by you are worried something will happen? Just curious.

We booked ours last September and they our weekend was the only one available for Oct 2013. Luckily it was the weekend we wanted. We booked it right away and the deposit was $500.

• Options
    We booked already too, and actually our first choice was a weekend in September, and the venue was booked already for every Saturday that month.  Hope this helped!
  • Options
    place book soon we just booked our deposit was 500.00
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards