October 2013 Weddings
Options

Wedding Color Help!

Hi everyone,
This is the third time I am switching my wedding colors. Luckily I haven't done anything llike have my bridesmaids get dresses to set the colors so I can't change them. Anyway, originally I did lemon and mint green. Then I did black, pink, and white. Now I am searching for something different. Any suggestions? I am not really into the browns and oranges that would go really good with fall. Go figure, I'd be difficult. I'd really like something unique, but not too much so that it doesn't fit with my FI and I's personality. We both like doing things different, not quirky, but different in our own way. I really like navy, coral, light purple, white, grey, rasberry... sigh. Any help would be much appreciated. If you need any more details, I'd be happy to provide them!
Lauren

Re: Wedding Color Help!

• Options
    You can steal my colors lol.. Im doing purple, lavendar and grey. I also have been to 2 weddings where they did black and pink and it looked awesome! Girls had on black dresses with pink sashes. You could also do like an eggplant color with something else. Anything you pick will be just fine! Google images of all the colors you are deciding on and see what you like the best set up. Thats what I did.
  • Options
    My friends just did Navy, yellow, and then the guys wore kahki (sp?) colored suits. There is no problem with not doing "traditional" fall colors. Mine are light pink, peacock, and dark violet.

• Options
    I would think any of the richer colors would go well together- and not look out of place with a fall wedding. I really think grey and rasberry would be VERY pretty. Maybe navy as an accent color? 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I also just went to a wedding that had navy and yellow, the groom was worried it would look like football colors and it looked awesome together!
  • Options
    We are doing charcoal grey with light yellow and white as accent colors!
  • Options
    What do you all think of navy, raspberry, with kiwi green as an accent color?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_wedding-color-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:efd5beb3-1512-438a-bfbf-0fddd688a84ePost:d741bbb4-2fa4-4c17-95ae-53528a44674c">Re: Wedding Color Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What do you all think of navy, raspberry, with kiwi green as an accent color?
    Posted by LaurenGrace12[/QUOTE]

<div>I think the combination of the three might be a little much. Would you consider raspberry and navy with gold accents, or just raspberry and gold? I saw this colour scheme somewhere and it was beautiful. </div>
    "In the interest of saving money on clothes, I'll prepare the buttered bacon choco-dogs." - My fiance in response to my announcement that I was losing weight
  • Options
    I think the kiwi might make it "too summery" but it is your wedding.

• Options
    I'm going with Raspberry or cranberry, marigold yellow and charcoal grey for our October 26th wedding.  I thought about doing navy blue, since that hits on shades of the primary colors, but my brother and sister in law did navy blue and I don't want any possibility of hearing that I "copied" or something childish like that!
  • Options
    I like navy and raspberry or navy and pink. I'm not too sure about the kiwi green though. I would have to see them all together.

I think that we have finally settled on cranberry and champagne for our colors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think you need to stick with one bold color and then just a regular color.  Like a PP said  I also like the rasberry/gray together.  Navy is not my preference for fall but to each their own. Do you like silver?  maybe a purple and a silver?  I guess it come down to what style you want.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Options
    I am going with gray and yellow for my wedding.  I also love navy and yellow or gray and purple!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards