October 2013 Weddings
Options

Done and done!

Venue - Booked
Church - Booked
DJ - Booked
Photographer - Booked

Now I can sit back and relax until about the end of the year!  haha
I'm glad we have all of this taken care of but it has not been fun writing out all the deposit checks lol!

How's everyone else doing??
I've been spending a lot of time on Etsy and Pinterest to get an idea of what I want/like.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Done and done!

• Options
    mochietoemochietoe member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    What we have booked so far:
    Reception venue
    Caterer
    DJ
    Photographer
    Videographer
    Photobooth
    My MUA
    Ceremony site picked (they won't take 2013 reservations till Oct 1st)
    Florist picked (just need to sign contract)
    Decoration rental company
    Got my dress

We are doing lots of DIY and we/I have started some things so far and are gathering things for other projects as well. Pinterest has definately been a source of inspiration. I have also found things on Etsy I like that I am doing myself cause I can and it will be WAY cheaper!

Edit: I did not purposely find my dress this early it just kinda was meant to be! If you want to see pics look a few posts back at the I found my shoes post (pics of dress included).
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We want to firm up the photographer in the next week or so and then I'm with you, let's take a break! We have reception venue; not sure about ceremony yet because both our reception venue and hotel will be remodeled by our wedding and I want to see who has the better outdoor space :o); dj done. I will start dress searching soon though. But other than that, those are the big checks I wanted out of the way. I haven't gotten totally hooked on pinterest yet, but I'm definitely addicted to these boards just to see all the ideas that fly around! Lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Whats left...
    Cake
    tuxes
    bm dresses
    boutineire/corsages for grandparents/godparents/parents

Oh and put together all of our DIY stuff, thats going to take forever!

• Options

It seems like you are all making progress too!!

I probably won't start looking for a dress until the end of this year.  Maybe October...give myself a solid year.  I can be super picky...especially with dresses!  haha  I think my DIY stuff will come together quickly. 

Oh and we'll be doing our engagement session this Fall...maybe.  We were going to use one of those pictures for the STD's but I've seen so many nice ones online without a picture so I haven't decided yet.  But I don't have to worry about that until next year. 

I love that everything is coming along and so far everything has been stress free which is nice.  Makes me even more excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think the longer engagements help it being stress free. I get a lot of people ask why we are waiting so long (26 months). Being stress free is one of them!

• Options
    We have been taking a break for the last two months.  I have the major things done.  My sister is getting married this month so it has been more about focusing on her.  I think I am going to make an appointment to meet with a JP that I contacted.  I have also been looking up makeup artists.  I have no idea if it is better off if I just go somewhere and get it done (I want airbrush) or if I should just have them come to me.  I just don't want anyone else in my bridal party to feel pressured to get it done.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Options
    Wow I cant believe so many have so much done already!  My FI really doesnt want me to start planning too much until after I graduate in December... it is my third time attempting to get my RN to BSN degree and he doesnt want planning to interfer with that.  But of course I have already been looking at somethings.  I have my garter (its perfect he is a huge philadephia flyers fan and I found a lady on ebay that makes garters for the different hockey teams!) and then all I have really done is picked out my bridesmaids, havenet quite decided on who is going to be MOH, my best friend or my sister.  Im hoping that the 11 months that I do have to really plan will be enough!  But I dont want too big and eleaborate of a wedding so I think it will be.
  • Options
    We have a lot of stuff out of the way:
    venue
    photographer
    DJ (who happens to be a friend of mine)
    Cake (cupcakes actually)
    bridal party asked
    florist

We are now starting to try to pay some of this down. I just gave another chuck of change to the venue *sigh*

September I am going to a Brides against breast cancer event in DC to find my dress.  I like that the proceeds go to a good cause. 

Then really its just JP and minor details and paying it off..and toning for the wedding
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards