May 2014 Weddings
Options

Can't decide on colors

My fiance &  I just started our preliminary planning and cannot figure out what colors to use. Spoke to a bridal consultant at a popular bridal boutique she told me to forget about colors focus on a theme and the colors will come naturally. We figured out a theme signature drink, but still no colors. Now we're more confused than ever! 

We already know a lot of what we want, just wish we knew what colors to use. Anybody else having this problem?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Can't decide on colors

• Options
    In Response to Can't decide on colors:

I had a similar problem.  While I knew what look or feeling I wanted, I did not have the right phrasing like, rustic, country, vintage, traditional, modern, and so on and so forth.  And so at first I was thinking about lighter colors.  I particularly liked a sage green but my fiance thought it wouldn't be very striking.  So without a color chosen we ordered bridesmaid dresses in different colors.  One wanted pink, so we let the other two choose which color they wanted since I had decided on different color dresses in the same style.  So we moved on making small descisions and after awhile we found with our casual outdoor wedding natural colors made more sence and we were leanin towards darker green and blues.  So those are our colors.  To tie things to gether we will use white and gold as background like with tableclothes and other things that needs one particular color.  I hope that helps.

• Options

He picked his favorite color, and I picked my favorite color. Then we found shades of the two that went together. We kept it pretty simple. Of course so much of our palate was already decided by the location.

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    Im having the opposite issue! I know my colors but I cant find a theme to go with it. ILLY want my colors to be pink and silver/grey
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It just kind of happened for me.  We talked a little about it, but I looked around at bridesmaids dresses and stuff and it just kind of worked!
  • Options
    The below website may help...it has ever color combo imaginable lol

www.theperfectpalette.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards