May 2014 Weddings

picked my date now what

we just got engaged two weeks ago we picked the date and the colors that we want for our wedding and also the bridesmaids and groomsmen. I cant decide if i want an outdoor wedding, a wedding overlooking the ocean or just in a venue. I know i do not want a church wedding at all. When are you suppose to start looking at venues? Any one have any suggestions on indoor or outdoor? How early is to early too start looking, booking and buying? We are only 24 well be turning 26 2 months after our wedding so we are really lost on what to do when my mother and his mother will be helping eventually but i wanna have my own ideas before everyone else puts there ideas in my head to after all it is my wedding. 

Re: picked my date now what

• bellaluna290bellaluna290 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2014-weddings_picked-my-date-now-what?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:19d54fbd-7c52-420d-abe6-dce14dfc8da4Discussion:b6284443-3527-49fc-9ef8-183821e2548ePost:3fc48993-4b1a-47aa-888e-149f7c96bcea">picked my date now what</a>:
    [QUOTE]we just got engaged two weeks ago we picked the date and the colors that we want for our wedding and also the bridesmaids and groomsmen. I cant decide if i want an outdoor wedding, a wedding overlooking the ocean or just in a venue. I know i do not want a church wedding at all. When are you suppose to start looking at venues? Any one have any suggestions on indoor or outdoor? How early is to early too start looking, booking and buying? We are only 24 well be turning 26 2 months after our wedding so we are really lost on what to do when my mother and his mother will be helping eventually but i wanna have my own ideas before everyone else puts there ideas in my head to after all it is my wedding. 
    Posted by missnicholexo[/QUOTE]

Hi and welcome to the knot!
    A few things, you technically haven't picked your date until you reserve a venue for that date. I think it's important to set a budget before you decide to look at venues in person. You do have some time to think about what type of event you want, which will help you choose what kind of venue to go with. I'd say that you can look at venues as early as you'd like! I looked at a venue last summer, and we aren't getting married until May 2014. Check out your local board to determine how fast venues in your area tend to book. I personally wouldn't start buying anything (maybe other than a dress :) ) until you have your budget laid out and a venue booked. Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • This is very true.  First thing you must know how much you are paying for the entire wedding and how much of that is towards a venue.  Then you can start looking around, going for tours.  You will probably quickly find things you like and dislike the more you look around.  Many venues have choices of indoor or outdoor.  So if you like their over all price and how much they include; such as catering, hotel rooms, rentals, and decorations; you can decide exactly where on their grounds you want to have the wedding.  Remember some venues really just supply you with a place while others give you everything for a price.  Good luck.
  • its never too early to start looking / booking!   I love the fact that we already booked out venue, and out DJ, We have met with and fallen in love with out photographer and florist, now we just need the funds to book them! LOL  but set a budget and only budge on the things that will mean the most!! we have managed to stick to our budget on everything except the venue and thats because we set our budget after we booked! ( we went over by thousands!!! ) soooo now we are cutting back on super fancy invitations and maybe a honeymoon : /   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards