Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

whats your favorite fall recipe to cook?

Re: whats your favorite fall recipe to cook?

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pot roast or stew in the crockpot.  Actually, anything in the crockpot.
  • edited December 2011
    chicken and dumplings.. although DH doesn't care for it.
  • edited December 2011
    mmmm...chicken and dumplings....
  • PaulandBrandyPaulandBrandy member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i love chicken and dumplings. and the crockpot is my best friend. lol i have a recipe for baked potato soup that i want to try.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Mmmm Pot Roast Stew with Cornbread...yum!
  • appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hot apple cider made in the crockpot or on the stove instead of the instant packages! YUM!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I meant Crock Pot Stew... bah.   Pot roast is good too though!
  • maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pumpkin bread!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Butternut squash risotto is one of my favorites.  I also just made a great batch of pumpkin, feta, and cilantro quesadillas - the recipe is online on epicurious.  Love fall food!
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't learned to make it yet, but my Grandma makes amazing vegatable soup. There's something about it that doesn't compare to any other that I've ever had. It's something I really want to learn to make for FI. He loves hers, hopefully he'll love mine too. Oh and Brandy, could you pass on that recipe for the baked potato soup please? That sounds delectable! You can e-mail it to me if you'd like. bdettecrow @ yahoo . com. Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    YUM!  I'm getting super hungry now. I always love homemade chili! 
    I like dogs, but not to eat
    Photobucket

10-10-10 here we come!

Anniversary

Kelly's BIO-Hazard

• edited December 2011
    Pumpkin cookies with penuche frosting. Toscana soup.
  • edited December 2011
    Caramel ApplesRopa Vieja (viejo?) (crock pot stew mmmm)
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, so I'm totally going to need that potato soup recipe, too.  Kthanx :)
  • edited December 2011
    oh.. and last year my mom kind of came up with her own healthy pumpkin muffins. high in protein and sooo delish.I made them for a spread at work last fall and everyone LOVED them!
  • maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Would you like to share that receipe nae?  I'm at my screename at gmail.  I'm all about trying to eat delicious healthy food.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    edited December 2011
    ygm bdette
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sure! I'll have to find it, so it might be a couple of days. lol
  • edited December 2011
    I made Taco Soup(although it turned out more like chili) in my crockpot the other day from the Crockpot365 blog(which is AMAZINGGG!), and it was VERY good! I highly recommend it, especially for cold weather.
    edited December 2011
    it is definitely not low in fat or calories but i seen a recipe from cooking light that is healthier. i havent got to try it yet but i am going to try to make some this week. •2/3 cup butter •2/3 cup flour •7 cups milk •4 large baking potatoes, baked, cooled, peeled and cubed, about 4 cups •4 green onions, thinly sliced •10 to 12 strips bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled •1 1/4 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese •1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream •3/4 teaspoon salt •1/2 teaspoon pepper Preparation: In a large Dutch oven or stockpot over low heat, melt butter. Stir in flour; stir until smooth and bubbly. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened. Add potatoes and onions. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until soup begins to bubble. Reduce heat; simmer gently for 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; stir until cheese is melted. Serve baked potato soup immediately. This baked potato soup recipe serves 6 to 8.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A Crockpot blog?! What a wonderful invention.
  • DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Red wine braised beef short ribs... so tender you don't need a fork... over some oven roasted root vegetables (rutebagas, turnips) or mashed potatoes.  Quick sauteed chard or kale on the side.  Big glass of Zinfandel.  Maybe a ruby port and a dark chocolate creme de pot for dessert.OK, I've just talked myself into making Sunday a big cooking day :)
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I am so ready to be married and honeymooned so that I can enjoy fall and the cooking that goes with it!  I'm tired of eating oatmeal and turkey sandwiches for every meal because I don't have time for anything else :(
  • edited December 2011
    Donna, I'm drooling over here!  That sounds awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    We should have a G2G in November and do a pot luck whever everyone brings a fall dish they've made!
  • megandchasemegandchase member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    pumpkin bars and chili... reading this made me so hungry especially since I skipped lunch today!
    Anniversary Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Haha, Stephie, go to http://crockpot365.blogspot.com. The girl cooks from her crockpot 365 days a year!! She's done it for a couple years, too, so it even tells what she made LAST year on the same date!
  • edited December 2011
    I love my Grammie's homemade chili and my Grandmother's home made soup! I'll make a big batch and finish it off during the week.
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love soups, stews, and chilis of all kinds. This year I've already made a pumpkin chili, a kale and sausage soup (both from cheaphealthygood.blogspot.com) and a hash recipe of my own invention. I had a package of chicken apple sausage languishing in my fridge that was an impulse buy at Trader Joe's, so I threw it in a pan with some potatoes, onion, bell pepper, and diced apple. It was delicious, if I do say so myself!
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and nae, if you ever find that recipe, could I have it too? annaperkins81@msn.comI love new ideas for healthy foods.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards