Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Say Anything Wednesday!

Re: Say Anything Wednesday!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Julie... our Samsung has an in the door ice maker.  The freezer has a ton of space.  I know what you're talking about though, the reg ice makers eat up half of the freezer.  Crazy!
    I like dogs, but not to eat
    Photobucket

10-10-10 here we come!

Anniversary

Kelly's BIO-Hazard

• Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved the 30+ cu.ft. Samsung fridge but I don't think that FI loved the $3000 price tag.  We tend to go buy lots of food to store up for a couple of weeks and need more room. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Julie - Lowe's Clarence.  We got ours 800 off because someone returned it.  It's perfectly fine too...
    Photobucket

10-10-10 here we come!

Anniversary

Kelly's BIO-Hazard

• Options
    edited December 2011
    DH is mad at me. We had to fill out a new app to transfer apts and it asks for hair and eye color. I filled his out right after mine and put brown/brown. Obviously his hair is black.... don't know where my mind was. lol
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Taking it easy dance wise and working on building strength in my back seem to be working...but not fast enough. I *hate* that I can't do the dances we are learning full out. It makes it that much harder to perfect later :( And I'm a perfectionist...well  sometimes(hahahaha) so it will be frustrating. If I can eve make it to dancing full out again before end of November. I am so tired of this sh!t!Last night I felt like a roommate instead of a fiancee. How hard is it to turn around and show me a little bit of attention after I have been standing next to you for a good 30 seconds after saying I'm going to bed. Especially since you didn't get home til I was heading to bed. If you like the d@mn game that much you should marry IT instead! UGH! You're lucky I didn't lock the bedroom door to make myself feel better. Mainly because I didn't want to wake up to unlock when you finally decided to go to bed. And I'm sorry...but why does it take THREE people to move a lizard's cage? Is your brother and his roommate *really* that weak? Because the way your brother talks...he should be able to move it himself. And when does it take an hour to do that task? I wouldn't mind if you had ummm let's see...tell me? Whatever.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Apple, I totally agree w/ you! Sometime we just want some attention...is that so much to ask for? FI has been doing that lately....I'll say something to him and it takes him forever to respond, if he responds at all. Then he gets mad at me if I get upset. GA! Dern wedding stress! Hopefully after the wedding, he'll be more attentive.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes! And I know I'm really stressed out so things get to me quicker but STILL!!Usually I get upset and make a smart aleck remark with some attitude and then he's like come back here!This time I just said...ok then and walked off. It's not like HE has anything to stress about! Except what his character is going to do next in his stupid game! *pout*Maybe it's because I told him to kill the GINORMOUS waterbug in the garage so I could finish laundry...and then asked him to cover it with a paper towel so I wouldn't have to see it (he killed it in a box of photos...yuck!!!)*shudder* I still shudder just *thinking* about it. I don't know why I can't stand to even thing of roaches or waterbugs! Always gives me the creepy crawlies!
  • Options
    maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I try not to be very sensative during football season.  It's really hard, but I'm sure there are times when I act just the same way.  However, after long bad days at work (in a job that I don't particularly care for, to put it nicely), there are times when the "huh, what?" response is beyond irritating.  I really hate the "uh-huh," response, especially when I say or ask something that requires more than a yes or no.  I try not to talk about anything important during the games, but that doesn't mean I want to be ignored.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Apple... I assume you're talking about WOW?  :PIt's Brewfest!  You can't miss it!  haha
    Photobucket

10-10-10 here we come!

Anniversary

Kelly's BIO-Hazard

• Options
    edited December 2011
    maykious - me too!   I have great big lists of what NOT to do.   While I know things won't be flawless....there are some things that happened at the 2 weddings I went to that definitely could have been controlled.Also helped give me perspective with vendor interviews....I hadn't been to a wedding in a very very long time (think, 10-12 years old).. so I was totally clueless when I started.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I sent David the sample of the table numbers my BM Kris did for me..which looked like this...[IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/2ldzjw0.jpg[/IMG]He was like..."sad day". I asked why is it a sad day? He responds with "because it's a picture of us...with my face..."So I said ok then what do you suggest? (bad idea...baaad idea)he sends me this.[IMG]http://i36.tinypic.com/2ih06cm.jpg[/IMG]ROFL!!! I have tears in my eyes from laughing(and trying to not laugh loud!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Apple-  I spray the crap out of waterbugs with insecticide.  I can't stand to smash them or hear someone else smash them.  They crunch.  Yuck.  Luckily we don't have too many around the house.Well... at least I'm not hungry for lunch anymore!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope Kelly it wasn't! I don't know what game it was but it definitely wasn't WoW but it was a MMRPG. He hasn't renewed his subscription yet.Plus he doesn't do the world events! Which is silly to me. I upgraded trinkets on my pally AND my hunter! Plus got the remote for both toons AND my hunter got the Ram mount! :D
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I was searching for some spray stuff. But I think it was in the garage. And there was no way I was going back in there til I KNEW that thing was dead. And David wasn't home when I opened the door and saw it(which I promptly slammed shut haha!) but he did walk in not 30 seconds later and I immediately told him to go to my rescue lmao!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Eeew bugs! So far, in our second floor apartment, we have yet to encounter any bugs. But, we've only had the place for a month...keeping my fingers crossed! I agree with the crunch noise though....GRODY!Is it lunch time yet? I really need to get to work on my thank you cards! People are going to think I'm totally rude if I don't get these out ASAP!
  • Options
    maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The first couple weeks in my house we had the worst bugs and I have no idea why.  The previous owners were very clean and the house only sat empty for a weekend with no air conditioning, so there was really no reason for the bugs to try and get inside.  I was so disgusted and creeped out and I have a terrible bug-phobia.  But since then, we put out those roach traps and I haven't seen any.  Of course, I made sure that FI (I won't even touch one) put the roach traps well out of sight because even the sight of those makes me shudder. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HAHA! I love the smiley faces Apple! I dare you to put some of those on the table...
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had the same thing - bugs when we moved into our house... but ours was a foreclosure that sat empty for a while.Once call to the pest guys did it.  :)  I love them.
    Photobucket

10-10-10 here we come!

Anniversary

Kelly's BIO-Hazard

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We have lizards...and I'd almost have bugs.I rarely find them in the house but I'm terrified to go onto the front porch at night.  There are literally dozens at any given time out there.   They are pretty big too...some of them are about 6 inches long or more.Apparently there is no good way to get rid of them either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First 5k this weekend.  Not where I'd like to be or where I expected to be at this point since I started running in July, but it's not for lack of trying so I'm trying not to feel lousy about it. And like many others have chimed in this week, I want to see some darn results!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tiffany - don't get rid of the lizards! they are the ones eating the bugs before they get in the house!Oh and I found a FROG in the bathroom last week!!! It was tiny but still scared the bajeebus out of me! When I told David when he got home it was gone. And thankfully it was in the guest bathroom.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alana, I had barely made it to the 2 mile point in Couch to 5k when I actually did my first 5k and it went well--so don't worry too much :)
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Apple --I don't want to get rid of them....I just don't want them in the doorway particularly. They are cute... but from a distance. I come and go from the garage anyway... so I guess they can stay. :)
  • Options
    maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tiffany, I'm so glad you said that.  I know some things can't be controlled (there were a few other things that happened involving small children running up and down the aisle during the ceremony and standing on the bride's train during the toats--at least, those things shouldn't be under the bride's control, althought they should have been someone's), but other things--like the officiant calling the bride by three different names, really irritate me and I know if it were me, I'd be all kinds of bridezilla.  I'm glad I'm not the only one making "do not" lists.  I felt like a little bit of a b!tch for doing that.  Also, I would much rather have the lizards.  I HATE bugs.  But my MOH has the same problem.  She kills spiders for me and I get rid of geckos for her.
  • Options
    stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    bdettecrow, I've lived in a 2nd story apartment for 2 years and I have never had any bug problems, so I think you will be okay!  I also lived in a 1st floor and I swear I had every cricket in Richardson in my apartment at one time or another, so I think the higher units really do make a difference. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha maykious!   FI made me feel like a b!tch about it too at first...but then a few days later he started talking about how things were gonna be different for ours too. The ones we attended involved complete chaos, a DJ that did not make any announcements after the ceremony so guests actually left thinking that it was over (when a full dinner was planned), a screaming child during the ceremony that's parent didn't take it outside, pictures taking way too long (cemented the idea of us doing ours beforehand)...etc.etc. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like fried butter.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you try it at the fair, Cheryl?  I'm thinking of giving it a shot :)
  • Options
    tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    On the april 2010 board, there is someone whose username is T&A and some numbers. I always think t**s and a** everytime I see her post. haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dude, I'd totally try the fried butter. Ever since I tried the fried oreos, they have been deemed my favorite food. Frogs in bath tubs? Is that normal? Where do you live? Our sink broke last night. I turned on the disposal and gross, old, wet food came spewing out all over me. It was a like a bad sitcom. I just stood there covered in crap and started to laugh. Jeff was making dinner and dropped the chicken on the floor when he saw me. We ended up ordering pizza...hot delicous, greasy pizza... They're coming today to fix it, as well as install our new fixtures - woo silver lining!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards