Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Self Tanner?

So I know I should have experimented with self tanners months ago, but it's just now that I'm starting to get really pasty and worrying about looking like casper in my pictures.I don't want to be too dark since it's a fall wedding, but I would like just a little bit of a glow. Does anyone know of any fail proof products that I could use?

Re: Self Tanner?

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have had zero luck with them.  I come out looking splotchy and orange.  But mostly splotchy.For my bridal shower, I got a Versaspa tan but I used the tan accelerator beforehand and it was close to perfect.  I had always come out of the Versaspa splotchy too but my sister told me about the tan accelerator and it worked wonders.
  • edited December 2011
    Is versaspa just one of the spray on tans?How long does it last? I wouldn't want to get it too close to the wedding in case I came out orange for some reason and needed to do some hard core exfoliating. Like if I got it done before this weekend, would it last until the wedding (the weekend after that)?
  • edited December 2011
    My VersaSpa tan lasted about five or six days. I didn't like it the first or second day but it looked great on the third and fourth. One way to help it not look so dark is to wash it off after four or five hours instead of six. HTH!
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, for a Saturday wedding, I would get it Thursday.  Versaspa is a spray tan but it's done by a machine.  It's a good alternative to airbrush.  For my wedding though I am springing for airbrush.  And I always get medium with no bronzer and it's never too dark.As for self tanner, maybe someone on here can recommend one.
  • edited December 2011
    Yea, I've never really used any kind of tanner or anything, but I don't want to look albino in my pictures.
  • maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the Jergen's or Aveno gradual tanners.  They start to work after a week or so and have never gotten very dark.  The only place I tend to get splotchy is around my ankles, but it's not very obvious (I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who can see it) and it goes away with a good scrub, like in a pedicure.  Also, if you're really, really good about spreading it around until you feel resistance, then you should be fine.  I'm not splotchy anywhere else and I do feel like I'm not quite as pasty as usual.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • PaulandBrandyPaulandBrandy member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i have used Tan Towels and i loved them
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hmm.. the gradual tanners sound like a good option, I might give that a try for the next week and see if I see any difference, then if not look into getting a spray tan.
  • maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We can compare arms next week and see if it's worked for you :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I use Loreal Sublime Bronze spray at home. Gives a good tan for me. I have a naturally darker complexion, so I don't know what it looks like on fair skin. Might be orangey. Neutrogena Micromist is good (more natural color), but I can't get dark enough with it...probably sufficient for lighter skin. For the wedding, I did Versaspa. I would do this for my tans all the time if I could afford it. They had a buy 2 get 2 free coupon online, so I was able to test it out before the wedding. Glamour magazine always rates Clarins as the best sunless tanner. Haven't tried it though.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm pretty fair skinned, but as long as I use lotion daily (so I stay soft), Nutrogena spray tan works perfect!
    I like dogs, but not to eat
    Photobucket

10-10-10 here we come!

Anniversary

Kelly's BIO-Hazard

• edited December 2011
    Yes, the Aveeno gradual tanner works great! 
  • edited December 2011
    I like Loreal Sublime bronze and I also like Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa self tanner (I've NEVER had streaks with their formula).  I've had terrible luck with Neutragena and currently the Nivea leg tanner I'm using leaves some streaks...but I'm determined to finish using it so it wasn't a complete waste of $8.00.
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to go against the grain here and say embrace your paleness!! I probably won't do any kind of tanning sprays/lotions unless I have funky tan lines before the wedding, and I'm very pale.
  • edited December 2011
    I have used numerous self tanners and my favorite used to be Lancome self tanner for legs, but I used it all over. It was always rated highly in a few magazines like Lucky and Instlye, but I have recently switched to Xentan. You can get it at Nordstrom and it is only $20 for a bottle that has so far lasted about 6 months. I dont use it daily but I see results right away and it leaves me brown, not orange like most other self tanners. There are two formulas and they both smell really good. One has a bit of a tint to it so you can make sure you are not streaking it when you put it on. The best way to use a self tanner is to exfoliate before you use it so your skin is nice and soft and less likely to streak. I am fair skinned but I do tan in a tanning bed about once a week. I have used this tanner when I wasnt tanning though and it has worked well. HTH!!!
  • kms00075kms00075 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree I love Xen Tan! Very natural looking and no weird smell.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards