August 2012 Weddings

Mood Swings (Major Vent!)

Anyone else having mood swings?

I'm sure Aunt Flo isn't helping but I'm back and forth between being happy and wanting to just cry and go fling myself off the nearest bridge. Before I get into this let me say I love FI very much and cannot wait to marry him - but this wedding is making me insane.

I have trichotillomania (eyelash pulling) and I was doing SO good and I finally had a full set of eyelashes until a week ago and now due to all the stress and my anxiety I've ripped almost all of them out. I thought I'd be able to have big beautiful natural lashes for my wedding but if I don't stop RIGHT NOW I definitely won't. :( I'm going to be stuck wearing false ones which don't stick too well for me. Ugh.

I'm so stressed out that I can't eat right, I have reflux issues as is (thanks to my daughter and my hiatal hernia that I got as a result of my pregnancy) and they've been flaring up non stop and I'm almost always nauseated as a result. 

I feel absolutely disgusting and just wanna curl up and cry and sleep the days away. I still have a huge to-do list of crap I had forgotten about until last night and now I just am so DONE. I told FI no more video games until we get that list taken care of. Ugh.  Then money is tight as we pay the final bills, so that's got me stressed too and I am the one who handles the finances (FI just spends them on his endless need for caffeine and cigarettes) - so ALL of the weight for the wedding HE wanted (I wanted to elope to Paris, would have been a hell of a lot cheaper!!!) is on MY shoulders and I'm just losing it. I've been bugging him about our eiffel tower cupcake stand for MONTHS (yes, literally for months) and now that we don't really have the money to do it the way I wanted it (glass rings around it) he's finally going to work on it and finish it. It's been sitting there with cardboard rings around it for months. Then the card house is just sitting there and needs photos inside the windows. I can't get any help from him without literally going in front of him, turning off whatever he's distracting himself with and demanding he do something!!! 

And then everyone is asking me to do them favors now and it's like MY WEDDING IS 17 DAYS AWAY! LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE!!!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Mood Swings (Major Vent!)

• Hi ohno, just know we all feel for you. I had a breakdown on the way home and cried to my mom the whole way. My company is doing layoffs and then dispersing the work so instead of working out to look good in my dress I am working until 12:30 and coming in at 6.
    Anniversary
  • I hear ya. I am so moody too, one minute its bridal bliss of yay we are getting married, the next I want to just say screw it elope. Between family drama, having to wait for pay days to get things done, not even knowing if my parents are going to choose to come to the wedding if my stepdad will walk me down the aisle like he said he would, still needing to get so much done like the fact that we still dont have bridesmaid dresses its less than 3 weeks away. Oi vey, I don't drink really but just for this wedding I might start.
  • I'm super moody too! I know what you mean, LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE is what I want to yell at people these days but don't hahaha (I don't really yell). 
    I've been pretty down too feeling like I'm not even excited about this wedding anymore. I think I'll need the wedding rehearsal to get my excitement back on. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think after all the time planning it just gets so ridiculous and you just don't wanna even THINK about weddings anymore. :( it's so horrible. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Just to let you all know. 2 weeks ago I would have jumped on this post and shared all the same feelings. I'm 3 days away now, and it's totally different. I really only changed last weekend!

It will pass, you will get through this and the day will arrive and you'll be excited about it again! Just keep that thought. Or do what I did and focus on the honeymoon, or something non-wedding related to focus on after the wedding!

Hugs to all the stressed brides!

Soon to be The B Squared Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am so glad that I am not the only one feeling like that too.  I thought that something was wrong with me by the way my FI looks at me and asks what is wrong.  The thing is I am not sure what is wrong I am just down and don't want to talk to anyone and want to be left alone also.
    We are suppose to be having one last party at our house this weekend and all I want to do is curl up in my bed and stay there all day.  I have suffered from depression in the past.  I just think it is all the stress of dealing with everything.  I don't think FI realizes just how much I am doing although he sees me doing it.  I just wished I had an out...woosaaa moment like he does when he plays his PS3. I will be glad when the planning is over and I can actually relax a little.  It feels like I have been stressed for at least 6 months and I am so over being stressed.
    10 days to go.

Anniversary
    imageimage

TTC since 8/2012
    BFP#1 ? 11/15/12 ectopic-too early to have EDD ? MTX 11/30/12
    BFP#2 ?
    ?PAL/PGAL Welcome?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards