August 2012 Weddings
Options

What song are you walking down the aisle to?

I do not want to walk down teh aisle to "Here Comes the Bride." This is a Jewish WEdding, so I will be wlaking down with my parents. Any ideas of something else that is nice?

Re: What song are you walking down the aisle to?

• Options
    I'm walking down to Stolen performed by vitamin string quartet originally by Dashboard Confessional.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    "Butterfly Waltz" by Brian Crain.  I absolutely love it.  I was told long after I chose it that it's the song that Bella walks down the aisle to in Twilight, which could be a major plus or minus for you (for me, it would be a minus, except I figure the only people who would recognize it are Twihards, and they'd like it.  Anyone else won't make the association).  But it's an absolutely GORGEOUS song - I like it with piano and violin.  A good friend of mine will be playing violin to accompany the piano recording.

Anniversary

• Options
    Thanks Ladies! I just decided I am going to walk to "Sunrise, Sunset" (which was supposed to be my father/daughter dance). I am going to do the father daughter dance to Daughters by John Mayer instead (this was all a compromise with my mom. Now I need something for the girls to walk down teh aisle too, but I have to thank you- I LOVE the Vitamin String Quartet and I am guessiing I can find something they do. 
  • Options
    The song Bella walks down to in Twilight is called Turning Page by Sleeping at last.  I walked down to the instrumental of it (I had a violinist & 2 guitarists play it for us on the beach) gorgeous song.. i'd say that about any song with violin in it though.  But Youtube the insturmental, its amazing.
  • Options

The Piano Guys "1000 Years" cover (cello and piano) - it's such a great song, and I prefer instrumental over words for this part (we'll have words for the recessional - the Somewhere over the rainbow/What a wonderful world song)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_what-song-are-you-walking-down-the-aisle-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:38d7eb28-d0e0-4858-8c16-2d75594a880aPost:63448a84-c715-4420-b884-e1750818de46">Re: What song are you walking down the aisle to?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The song Bella walks down to in Twilight is called Turning Page by Sleeping at last.  I walked down to the instrumental of it (I had a violinist & 2 guitarists play it for us on the beach) gorgeous song.. i'd say that about any song with violin in it though.  But Youtube the insturmental, its amazing.
    Posted by kfrazel[/QUOTE]

That actually makes me happy.  I wasn't thriled about it, as I was afraid someone would think I was a Twilight fan and did it because of that.

Anniversary

• Options
    haha, i am a twilight fan, but i chose the song randomly one day when the instrumental came on, on my ipod while i was running.  it was later that i found out it was in the movie!
  • Options
    I'm using "truly Madly Deeply" by Ray Lamontagne. It's magical...

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_what-song-are-you-walking-down-the-aisle-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:38d7eb28-d0e0-4858-8c16-2d75594a880aPost:2f8bb886-52f4-4369-aba5-f09d3d5619c2">What song are you walking down the aisle to?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do not want to walk down teh aisle to "Here Comes the Bride." This is a Jewish WEdding, so I will be wlaking down with my parents. Any ideas of something else that is nice?
    Posted by MsRo1976[/QUOTE]

We actually won't have any music. 

FI and I will do a first look, then we will walk into the ceremony area (outdoors) arm in arm.  It's a Swedish custom.  We only have two witnesses and I didn't feel like hiring a musician for 3 songs total.
  • Options
    George Strait- I cross my heart.

H and I are huge country fans and I'm SO glad I chose this song. It's very meaningful
  • Options
    ha...we are doing "today i met the boy im going to marry" by darlene love.  it was the only non-traditional song we could agree on.

(I actually wanted pretty woman, but he refused)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards