August 2012 Weddings
Options

what is too early...

I am planning on having my bridesmaids order their dresses by May 19...and my preg bridesmaid by June 19...Do you think that is too early? I was going to send a mass text the beginning of January

Re: what is too early...

• Options
    Mine have to order them by February for them to come in in time for alterations. No idea what my pregnant BM will be doing as she may be 9+ months pregnant, or two weeks post partum. So nope, definitely not too early! Might be almost too late...check and see how long it will take them to come in.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    they say 6 weeks but i want to make sure they have their stuffl.......and my preg bridesmaid is due May 31.....so she prob will not loose weight before so she can go get fitted straight from the hospital lol jk
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:3e4dc76f-1399-4271-b7d9-c9106a0f78f4Post:245f4cf7-dd1a-44d9-81ab-acc1e632e080">Re: what is too early...</a>:
    [QUOTE]they say 6 weeks but i want to make sure they have their stuffl.......and my preg bridesmaid is due May 31.....so she prob will not loose weight before so she can go get fitted straight from the hospital lol jk
    Posted by kthowell[/QUOTE]

lol That's ok, my pregnant BM is due 10 days before the wedding. I have no idea how that's going to work out!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    10 days.....I would go crazy....I am happy that my bridesmaid is due about 2 months before.....
  • Options
    I see the earlier the better and I think I will let my bridesmaids pick out their own shoes.......as well...................
  • Options
    I think the timing is fine based on how long the dresses will take to come in.  I have heard some places can takes months and J Crew and others come in with in a week or two.

I think I am going to let my BMs pick their shoes as well.
    May 2013 June Siggy:Flowers!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ordering my BM dresses soon. i figure better sooner than later. They also are going to want time to find things to go with it 
    Dating since we were 19 and finally getting Married! Engaged November 24th 2011 and Getting Married August 26th 2012! Jillie and Cole! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    the earlier the better. my girls dresses took an estimated 4 months, and they were 2 weeks late because the company moved warehouses.

best to give your girls time to get them here, make sure the order is correct, get fitted and alterations, find accessories, etc.
  • Options
    We had to order ours by the end of this year due to styles being discontinued or colors changing, etc. We found out that most designers release new styles/ colors at the first of the year and then phase out some older styles, colors, etc. So we ordered them about a month and a half ago. They told us it could take 2-4 months for them to come in. I just chose the fabric, color,designer and length and then let the girls choose their own style from there.  It has been nice and painless for the most part!

image229 Invited
    image134 Have their dancing shoes ready!
    image95 Will be sitting this one out.
    image0 Undecided

• Options
    Earlier is better I think...you can always get them altered later. My bridesmaides and I are going shopping in Feb.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards