August 2012 Weddings
Options

Ahhh!!

I'm not too sure my to be MIL is all that happy with anything! So far everything I come up with and what to do, she doesn't seem to like or be happy with!

First thing was our wedding site: They are lutheran and attend curch almost every week, I am catholic, but I don't follow my religion don't believe to or the whole church thing, so it would be crazy for me to get married in a church, right? My dream wedding is to be outside, and my fiance supports that totally, and has no compliants, always been up front since dating and told him I would never get marred in a church. Since we're not getting married in a church, I felt bad for atleast my godmother, since she would of been doing a reading at the church and to make up for that I want to ask her to do maybe a love poem during the ceramony, and of course would only be right to either have his godmother or aunt do one too! When he brought the idea up to his mom she said: "why would she want that you guys aren't getting married in a church?" Kind of makes me feel like when I want is wrong!

Another thing is: I believe a wedding reception isn't a place for kids. My fiance was ok with idea, wasn't completely sold. Again, told his mom and she wasn't happy at all, he has about 11 nieces and nephews, and thinks they should all be invited,  have one nephew(14 hours away from me, in FL and I'm in OH) he told her that I am the bride and what I want, is what I should get, and her reply was: " Well what about her nephew, won't he be invited?" He told her no, she wasn't gonna invite him to the reception that her brother's MIL would take him!

I just feel like I can never win! She doesn't like the fact that we're not getting married in a church, can't see why I would want to do a poem, and not happy about no kids! It's only just begun, we've only been engaged for 2 months and feel like she's not happy about anything!

Sorry had to get that all off my chest! :)

Oh, and I invited her to go to the bridal show with us and she didn't seem too interested in going and doesn't ask questions about any wedding plans!
Can't wait to marry my best friend!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards