August 2012 Weddings

Pregnant BM (XPost kinda)

Maybe I should say pregnant BM #2!!!!

Let me start by saying I LOVE my girls and I'm not letting them out of being BMs lol (unless they decide they don't want to do it of course).

But they have REALLY bad timing in regards to my wedding! lol So my cousin just notified me on xmas that she is pregnant and due Aug 8 (wedding is Aug 18). My BFF just called and told me she's due Aug 23!

The kicker is, my cousin's dad (my uncle) is the photographer. So there's a possibility he might not be there if she's late and in labor or something. My BFF is my cake maker. Talk about some stress!!!

Anyone know anyone who has pushed their wedding up? I'm half considering it if FI is on board (he doesn't know about BM #2 yet) and if our venue has a spot open. My head is spinning!!! WWYD? We haven't budgeted for another photographer or a cake because both are doing them as our gifts (and we will still pay them a little something, but nothing compared to hiring someone else!) I know the risk isn't huge that either/both will be unavailable, but the possibility is DEFINITELY there. HELP!!! Suggestions please?
imageAnniversary

Re: Pregnant BM (XPost kinda)

• If you don't lose $ in moving your date, it's something that I would consider doing, but you'd likely have to really change the date (as in moving it only 1 month up, there would still be room for an early baby).  I'd either look to move it 2+ months earlier or 1+ month later.  Plus, think about hiring a photographer - cheap end is $1000 and cheap cake is $250 - that's how much you could lose if they're giving birth, so if you lose any $ by switching dates, it's really a wash if it's less than $1250, plus you have peace of mind which many brides think is worth much more!  I'm guessing the only thing at this point that may have went out were STDs, if anything.  Not a big deal to resend with new date & reasoning.
  • I would move it up if i coulld one of my bm is preg too but she is due two months before my wedding
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't move it.  The chances of either one actually being IN labor during your wedding are actually pretty slim.  I would probably at least develop a contingency plan if you're out your photographer or cake-maker, just for peace of mind. 

My MOH is due a month before the wedding, so we changed the bachelorette part to a week before the wedding to make it easier on her.  But as for the actual wedding, I definitely wouldn't change it. 
  • If you are worried that they will not be able to be there I would move it up at least  2+ months because they could deliver early. Usually they don't let you go past your due date in most cases they will induce you. That is a tough decision. I would talk to your uncle and see if she does deliver around the wedding will he still be able to be your photographer, giving that it is not the actual day of your wedding. 
  • Thanks ladies! I spoke with everyone but the venue, and it sounds like we're leaning toward moving it to June if possible. We first want to speak with the venue, then take it from there. I'm hoping for mid-late June/early July to try to minimize the possibility of early labors.

No matter what I do, there are no guarantees. Unfortunately we can't push it back because then school starts...FI's mom is a teacher (and lives 900 miles away from where we are getting married), my sister is in school far away, as well as FI's brother, and a flower girl that will be traveling.

We're open to moving it to a Sunday, if possible! Everyone that has to travel is taking off multiple days anyway, so they will just take a Monday instead of a Friday, or whatever.

No STDs or anything have gone out, thankfully. I was waiting until Feb to send them, but if we do get it moved, I'll have to get on that!
    imageAnniversary
  • The only question for moving it up is if the pregnant bridesmaids have to fly to your wedding -- chances are even 3 months from their due date, they won't want to fly or even drive more than an hour or so from their doctor. If the BMs and your FI are up for moving up the date, then I think it is a really great idea!

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_pregnant-bm-xpost-kinda?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:78048c62-ab56-4466-9683-39b45895ea44Post:7aa83982-fbd9-4ecf-bf43-cda2cf66cb3e">Re: Pregnant BM (XPost kinda)</a>:
    [QUOTE]The only question for moving it up is if the pregnant bridesmaids have to fly to your wedding -- chances are even 3 months from their due date, they won't want to fly or even drive more than an hour or so from their doctor. If the BMs and your FI are up for moving up the date, then I think it is a really great idea!
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

Thankfully, neither would have to fly or really travel. One does live about an hour and a half from where our wedding will be, but her entire family lives in the city we're getting married in, so she makes that trip constantly. She drove down to see me last year when she was over 8 months, so I'm not worried about that. My cousin lives like, 10 minutes from the wedding site...same street as my parents actually!

I'm just dying to know if we'll have a new date or not...if it's being moved up, BM dresses will need to be ordered ASAP as they told me the end of Feb for an Aug wedding!
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards