August 2012 Weddings

Finally a Mrs.!!

We got married on Saturday and it could not have been a more beautiful day! 77degrees, sunny with an occasional breeze or cloud, we could not have planned it better. There were lots of funny little mishaps throughout the day, first I slept over at a bridesmaids house so that she could do my hair in the morning (we had to get up at 6:30am) and became a little late so I pretty much drove 90mph from the city of chicago to the suburbs I live in (gps said 45 minutes, it took me 20). Then the night before I had planned on steaming the crinoline on my dress but the steamer suddenly wouldn't work so when I got to the house in the morning the photographer was there already so we now have pictures of me steaming my dress when I was supposed to be heading out already lol.
The rest was a blur. We had plenty of time for pictures and fun, although we didn't end up doing a first look shoot with the groom so I didn't see him until I was walking down the aisle. The music stopped working as soon as I was going down the aisle so we just walked down in silence, but really I didn't care. And then the officiant (our pastor) decided to just make a new ceremony without telling us and didn't do anything he told us he would when we had sat down to talk through the ceremony, but no biggie we were just sort of confused lol.
Then EVERY person wanted a picture with us and in different groupings so we spent ALOT of time doing that, so we had less time than planned to do pics of just us (the hubby and me) but once again oh well, I am sure we will have lots of pictures to enjoy.
We had a casual bbq in a backyard, it was beautifully decorated and so nice just to sit down. We got to say hi to everyone, ate some food and had an awesome cake which ended up all over me due to the hubbys ninja skills.
Overall it was a blast, the quirks just kept us on our toes and we had a great day with friends and family. I put pictures on my profile, but I don't know how to put them on a post if anyone wants to help with that or just look on my profile. They aren't the professional pics but they will certainly do for now :-)

Re: Finally a Mrs.!!

• tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_finally-a-mrs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:8f279026-7ce1-48ed-b5be-7fabfcb1ca79Post:e7c2010b-740d-496a-8949-245a1ef17325">Finally a Mrs.!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We got married on Saturday and it could not have been a more beautiful day! 77degrees, sunny with an occasional breeze or cloud, we could not have planned it better. There were lots of funny little mishaps throughout the day, first I slept over at a bridesmaids house so that she could do my hair in the morning (we had to get up at 6:30am) and became a little late so I pretty much drove 90mph from the city of chicago to the suburbs I live in (gps said 45 minutes, it took me 20). Then the night before I had planned on steaming the crinoline on my dress but the steamer suddenly wouldn't work so when I got to the house in the morning the photographer was there already so we now have pictures of me steaming my dress when I was supposed to be heading out already lol. The rest was a blur. We had plenty of time for pictures and fun, although we didn't end up doing a first look shoot with the groom so I didn't see him until I was walking down the aisle. The music stopped working as soon as I was going down the aisle so we just walked down in silence, but really I didn't care. And then the officiant (our pastor) decided to just make a new ceremony without telling us and didn't do anything he told us he would when we had sat down to talk through the ceremony, but no biggie we were just sort of confused lol. Then EVERY person wanted a picture with us and in different groupings so we spent ALOT of time doing that, so we had less time than planned to do pics of just us (the hubby and me) but once again oh well, I am sure we will have lots of pictures to enjoy. We had a casual bbq in a backyard, it was beautifully decorated and so nice just to sit down. We got to say hi to everyone, ate some food and had an awesome cake which ended up all over me due to the hubbys ninja skills. Overall it was a blast, the quirks just kept us on our toes and we had a great day with friends and family. I put pictures on my profile, but<strong> I don't know how to put them on a post if anyone wants to help with that </strong>or just look on my profile. They aren't the professional pics but they will certainly do for now :-)
    Posted by soontobespitzer[/QUOTE]

When writing a post there is a little icon with a tree. Click on the tree when your cursor is where you want to put the image. A window will pop up. Click Browse and find and select the picture you want to share. Then click Save.

Your pictures are cute! Congrats!

•  
    this is my grandmother, and in the background where we had our ceremony

us entering the reception

And us cutting the cake (which was delicious and only cost $90)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_finally-a-mrs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:8f279026-7ce1-48ed-b5be-7fabfcb1ca79Post:60a668de-ac56-4dd0-9f52-8b78c740b5c1">Re: Finally a Mrs.!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Finally a Mrs.!! : When writing a post there is a little icon with a tree. Click on the tree when your cursor is where you want to put the image. A window will pop up. Click Browse and find and select the picture you want to share. Then click Save. Your pictures are cute! Congrats!
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Obviously, that worked! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_finally-a-mrs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:8f279026-7ce1-48ed-b5be-7fabfcb1ca79Post:9d60dc44-2b71-4320-a75b-db7211709999">Re: Finally a Mrs.!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally a Mrs.!! : Thank you! Obviously, that worked! :)
    Posted by soontobespitzer[/QUOTE]
    You're welcome! :)
    Looks like a beautiful wedding--Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards