August 2012 Weddings

Not excited!

So I got engaged on October 18th (my birthday). Was totally surprised, did the ugly cry and everything. So far I have booked my day of WC, florist, venue (ceremony/reception site that includes catering) and photographer. I spend countless hours on theknot, pinterest, weddingwire, weddingbee, etc. My tv stays on anything bridal, where as a few months ago I didn't even know half of these shows existed! I am pretty much on top of my timeline here (pats myself on the back).... I know what favors I want, the dresses all my girls are wearing, invitations, I can go on and on. With all this said I am excited about my wedding (as you can see) but I have no interest or desire in looking for my dress. What bride isnt excited about finding her dress??!! Me! When I look at these shows on tv all of the brides cant wait to find a dress. I on the other hand is planning everything else to a T but the dress....

Confession: I think it's because I haven't lost my baby weight yet. I recently had a baby girl and I gained 60 plus pounds. My wardrobe consists now of T-shirts and sweats (I refuse to buy clothes to fit this body) and when I go to work I wear my maternity clothes. Getting tired of people asking me when am I going to get my dress or have I started looking ect! I just want to yell LEAVE ME ALONE ABOUT THE DAMN DRESS! But I dont, I smile and say "I will find it soon". First day back in the gym was yesterday, so I am on a mission now. I am just hoping that once I see results, I too can be excited like you all are! Only thing scaring me is I know that I don't have much time.... Anyhoo didn't mean to blab for so long, I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend and as always Happy Planning!!

Confession Part 2: Baby girl is 14 months old (dont judge me that's recent enough) Laughing

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Not excited!

• I know how you feel - I was not too excited either (also because of weight). But I think once you go, and try on some dresses you will start to love it. EVERYONE looks good in a wedding dress LOL - Atleast, thats how I felt!

Also, the general rule in weight gain/loss is it takes twice as long to lose it as it did to gain it. So you gained that baby weight over 9 months (maybe longer even) and so you have atleast 18 months to lose it - you can still do it! Don't give up :)
    ---------- imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    First of all, I don't think anyone has a right to judge you since you have been in brand new insanely busy mommy mode!  I definitely don't think that you are alone in feeling like this! I can relate a little, because I had gained some weight over the past year and was a little hesitant about how I would look in my dress.  When I tried dresses on, though, I started getting excited about how I looked in them.  I'm wondering if you started to try just a few dresses on, if that would maybe make a difference or start sparking some excitement and motivation for you? If you are an August bride,  you don't want to wait too much longer as it can take anywhere from 3-6 months to get a dress in and you want to have time for some fittings (especially if you plan to lose some weight!). Maybe challenge yourself to get out there for just a little while to try on a couple dresses and see what it's like. Take a small support group of a couple family members or friends... it may not be as difficult as you think!

image229 Invited
    image134 Have their dancing shoes ready!
    image95 Will be sitting this one out.
    image0 Undecided

• You will be amazed how skinny a well-tailored dress will make you look. That's coming from a size 14 who also has weight-loss goals. Go and try some on, trust me, you will look amazing and feel amazing.

Don't forget, when you walk down that aisle, your FH won't care if you're in a beautiful dress or a potato sack, you will be beautiful to him.
  • I'm not judging you for having a 14 month old and still having all the weight. I still have all the weight from my 3 year old to lose!
    I dreaded the dress shopping thing to and just called a couple of BM and set aside a couple weekends just went and got it done. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but I like you was excited to plan everything but the dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies for the advice! It was def what I needed to hear.... I plan on trying on dresses this weekend! Thanks again and I hope you all have a great week! Kiss
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards