July 2012 Weddings

Hair Trial #2 - PIPs!

Hi ladies! Thank you to Colleen for reminding me to PIP. Here are the photos from my second trial last night.

I asked her to do a combination of all three of the "front runners" and I really like what she came up with. It makes it look like I have soooo much hair (I have really fine hair, but a lot of it, so she was able to tease it and then smooth it into a cool design.)

She's going to smooth out the top/sides a bit, actually, to make it less frizzy. At the begining I told her I wanted "texture" in my already-somewhat-frizzy-on-a-rainy-day hair. That probably wasn't necessary, so we're going to smooth it out on the day-of a bit.

Without further ado . . . (please don't make fun of my ugly apartment)

Here's what it looks like without my flower:

From side with flower on opposite side:

Flower:

Another of the flower:

Don't mind my ugly makeup-free face:

What do we think? I think with a little smoothing out on top and the sides, it'll be perfect. Opinions welcome!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair Trial #2 - PIPs!

• Wow!! I think it looks really great! Your stylist is really talented.

Did it feel like all of the different layers were securely in place?  That was my biggest issue when I tried a style like this but the stylist assured me that she would be using a million pins and it would all work out.   Also, did you try a veil, I was worried about pulling the veil comb out of my hair and being careful that everything stayed in place.

Has this helped you make your decision on a hair style?

I know, lots of questions!!!
  • Love it love it love it!!!!!

I like it SO MUCH BETTER than your original 'do
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • OMG YOUR FLOWER IS SO AMAZING/PERFECT!

This style is gorgeous. I agree that I think it will be even better with the top/sides a bit more smooth.  I really really love it though!! People are going to pin the crap out of your wedding hairstyle.
  • ohhhhhhhh I agree with Penny about the veil question!! I love styles like this but was worried about how my veil would sit on/in/on top? of the style.
  • Love it! I agree it will look even better with the sides smoothed but I still Love it!!
  • Wow it sure does look like you have a lot of hair! I love it, and that flower is the perfect size for it!
    Photobucket
  • Also, where did you get your flower from?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Aww it looks soo great! I think you made a really good choice with that flower! I would love to try a flower like that, but it just wouldn't pop on my hair color.

So you are pretty sure you are going with this kind of style rather than the half up / half down style, right? It looks really great on you and I'm sure you'll be a lot less stressed about potential frizz situations.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Thank you ladies!

To answer some questions, yes, I tried with "my" veil  - although I realized as soon as I took it out of the packaging that they actually sent me the wrong one. So I need to call and yell at the salon today about it. But, we did take it in and out very easily.

The stylist used probably 200 pins! I think it'll stay put pretty well. My hair holds styles because of the texture/frizz aspect. I hope it does!

I got my flower from this lady on etsy: http://www.etsy.com/listing/81939806/feather-fascinator-camellia-bridal She was quick (it arrived in 3 days!), SO sweet, and the flower came in a cute packaged box. HIGHLY recommend this lady.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bmore - Yeah, definitely all up, rather than half up. It just goes with the dress better, I think. Plus, if it's smoother in the front/top, I think it'll really make the back that much more interesting and won't look like "too much" with the dress. Here's hoping at least!

We're also going to work on the swoosh thing on the side that doesn't have the flower. I want it to basically swirl into the back, rather than "up" (if that makes sense?). Still, she did a really good job combining all of my ideas, so I'm ecstatic with her work!

Oh and Nati, I know you were interested in timing of hair styles. This, like my last half-up style, took 2 hours so I think you need to budget that amount, regardless of the style :( Sorry!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It looks gorgeous!! I really really love it Bride!! Good choice :)

And thanks for the timing tip. I think I'll have to deal and cut out before ceremony pics. That way I can still wake up at 5:30.. and not earlier lol. Anyway I HIGHLY doubt any hairstylist would come do my hair at 5 in the morning haha.
  • Very pretty! And I love the flower it's perfect.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Very pretty! I really like it!!!

Are you planning to wear the veil at the recpetion too? I don't think there is much of an issue of where to put the veil.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• edited April 2012

Thank you!

mbody, I'm wearing the veil (fingertip length, assuming they actually order the correct one this time around) during the ceremony and for after-ceremony pictures ony. It'll come off at the reception (flower underneath), so it was important to me that I liked the style since it won't be hidden for like 75% of the day!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • One more question! Are you wearing the flower in the ceremony, too, or are you switching the veil for the flower?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hahaha no problem!

I'm going to wear the flower underneath the veil during the ceremony, so that's one less thing I need to worry about doing/replacing.

When I tried on the (wrong - so annoyed!) veil last night over the flower, it worked fine -- the veil has a comb, so I will just slide that bugger in to the top of the style in the center. And the flower will sit a bit lower than the veil will be, to the right side of my head. The flower isn't really visible under the veil, but you can tell there's something there. The veil will be more of the focus during the ceremony, which I like.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love it! That style will look gorgeous with your dress!  

I'm sorry to hear about your veil I hope they are able to get that fixed and another one set out.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • sorry to be so annyoing with you, hahahaha, but I have another question! where exactly did you put the veil comb in? does it go in the middle of your updo or above? 

I will probably end up with a similar hairstyle and I have a flower fascinator too that I may or may not wear under my veil for the whole day, but I am trying to figure out where the veil goes in....
  • hahaha butterfly you could never annoy me :)

I drew a picture for you (sorry it's not that helpful because the veil isn't in!). Essentially, the veil is on a comb, and the comb goes right at the top of the style, and then the blusher goes forward and the veil part goes back, over the flower. It does work when you put it in - I tried both ways but didn't take pictures because I was so pissed it wasn't the correct veil:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love it! It looks great and the flower is gorgeous. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Oh I love your hairstyle! Your stylist did a great job! Definitely "pinnable". The flower looks great with it too! This part of the planning is getting so exciting!!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Absolutely gorgeous! And yea it looks like you've got quite the head of hair :) the flower is just the cherry on top!
    Anniversary
  • OMG it looks so pretty! I love love love love it!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • bridetobe thank you for the picture hahaha! that absolutely answers my question.

some of the styles I have pinned have stuff going on a bit higher on the back of the head than your style does, so I am thinking I definitely need to decide on a style where the veil goes at the very top (like yours does) rather than sticking into the middle of my updo. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_hair-trial-2-pips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:150182b2-e4da-42d0-b489-3b160c3b3da9Post:1b30759f-7b6f-4038-9d9f-ff45f0c55c2a">Re: Hair Trial #2 - PIPs!</a>:
    [QUOTE]bridetobe thank you for the picture hahaha! that absolutely answers my question. some of the styles I have pinned have stuff going on a bit higher on the back of the head than your style does, so I am thinking I definitely need to decide on a style where the veil goes at the very top (like yours does) <strong>rather than sticking into the middle of my updo</strong>. 
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

I've seen pretty styles like this, too. I just prefer where it's not coming out of the middle of the style, personally. It's all a matter of taste, but it does make it a ton easier to remove if it's not combed directly into the style!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I prefer it the way you are doing it too. Back to pinterest I go.........
  • Beautiful! I definitely do not have enough hair for something like that...stupid hair has gotten so thin :( I do love it though, and want something similar! The flower is perfect!!

And quit calling stuff ugly...I saw nothing ugly about your apartment or your face!!!! lol
    imageAnniversary
  • So gorgeous and I LOVE that flower, too!  
    Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards