August 2012 Weddings

Summer / August Brides!!

Is it just me or am I the only one who has yet to send out invitations?? I know I procrastinate but I have yet to work on them. I'm still a little indecisive on wording.

Re: Summer / August Brides!!

• libby2483libby2483 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Invitations should go out 6-8 weeks ahead of time, so if your wedding isn't until August 17, you shouldn't send them out until the middle or end of June.  So it is actually good that you didn't send out invitations yet!  If you are ordering from an online company, you still have plenty of time to order, as they usually only take a few weeks to design and ship.  Also, if you ever need help with wording, feel free to post on here, or on the invites board!
  • I'm picking up my invites next week and will have to weigh them and order stamps so I plan on sending them mid to late May.
  • We have ours stuffed and ready to be dropped in the mail next week for our OOT guests. A little on the early side but many guests are waiting to receive the invite before booking flights. Our local invites will be mailed after Memorial day.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Mine will be sent out late May/early June with a mid-July RSVP date.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Looks like im the slacker cause I havent even order/started mine. I havent even picked them out haha

• My date is 8/25 and I plan on sending them out around the 4th of July with a July 31st rsvp date.  Mine is an online rsvp if that makes a difference.
  • Our rsvp date is July 10th month before the wedding and the invitation person just started printed them - hoping to have them for mid May to work on stuffing/addressing etc. Prob be sent out early June.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're sending ours 2 months before our August 17th wedding with the RSVP due back a week before our 10 day meeting with the venue/caterer. 
  • We aren't sending them out until June. The pieces are put together, but we still need to put stamps on the RSVPs and stuff them in envelopes.
  • August 4th bride here and the invites are packaged, stamped, & ready to be dropped in the mailbox.  I plan to mail OOT mid May with a June 30th return date.  Im trying to allow myself enough time to invite locals in the event OOT guests can't attend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_summer-august-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:dff70ffb-fa3b-4e75-aef7-22c395d0a7ebPost:53cf1043-6843-4a3c-808e-af9aa8caf4f7">Re: Summer / August Brides!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine will be sent out late May/early June with a mid-July RSVP date.
    Posted by saraschilling88[/QUOTE]

<div>This. I'm shooting for late May, and our RSVP date is mid-July (for our August 19th wedding). I already ordered them and have them (I have yet to post about--school got busy!), but I want to do a few embellishments before I seal them up and address them. 

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_summer-august-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:dff70ffb-fa3b-4e75-aef7-22c395d0a7ebPost:a02c16e5-fed1-4a89-b699-7d3e8b9d6104">Re: Summer / August Brides!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Looks like im the slacker cause I havent even order/started mine. I havent even picked them out haha
    Posted by KTina&BJ[/QUOTE] </div><div>
    </div><div>That's me with the cake, haha. I haven't set anything up yet, and I don't know what kind of design I want yet. But, you should be fine as long as you have them in another month or so. Just make sure that where ever you get them from will be able to get them to you then. (I went through VistaPrint, so no problems there!)</div>
  • August 4th here too.....I better get on mines....I plan to have my addressed and stuffed this weekend...and to take it to the post office next weekend to get weighed....and buy the stamps
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_summer-august-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:dff70ffb-fa3b-4e75-aef7-22c395d0a7ebPost:bb3de2a4-b6eb-4af3-a697-cf6f9c080b7d">Re: Summer / August Brides!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]August 4th bride here and the invites are packaged, stamped, & ready to be dropped in the mailbox.  I plan to mail OOT mid May with a June 30th return date.  Im trying to allow myself enough time to invite locals in the event OOT guests can't attend.
    Posted by lasheffield[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards