August 2012 Weddings
Options

Going away clothes? Wear your wedding dress to the hotel?

Are you guys changing out of your wedding dress?
I don't have a limo or a fancy car to go away in, I will just be leaving at 9pm when the reception ends. Is it okay to wear my dress to the hotel? My dress is kind of puffy.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Going away clothes? Wear your wedding dress to the hotel?

• Options
    I'm going to be staying in my wedding dress. Besides, if I were to plan on changing, that's one more thing for me to forget that day lol
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    Im not leaving in a fancy car either and I plan on arriving in my dress to the hotel, where I can change much more comfortably than at the venue :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_going-away-clothes-wear-your-wedding-dress-to-the-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:e19de159-3c36-4665-81d1-6a859775fbbaPost:1d371992-52ff-4a0e-a313-a4d70920fd39">Re: Going away clothes? Wear your wedding dress to the hotel?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im not leaving in a fancy car either and I plan on arriving in my dress to the hotel, where I can change much more comfortably than at the venue :)
    Posted by eguzman2323[/QUOTE]

Would have changed if you have a large private bridal suite at the venue?
    <div>P.S. We have the same wedding date! <3

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I want to get out of my dress with my BM's, I don't think my fiance would be very good at helping me take it off with the corset back. I have the cutest dress from Nicole Miller to change into. It's covered in white sequins but they sparkle pink. It's so me.
  • Options
    I would keep the dress on but put on some flip flops so you can give your feet a little rest while you travel.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I'm changing into a white cocktail dress at the end of my reception to wear to the after party!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_going-away-clothes-wear-your-wedding-dress-to-the-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:e19de159-3c36-4665-81d1-6a859775fbbaPost:031258bf-caac-4907-8bf3-48f28a79adc0">Re: Going away clothes? Wear your wedding dress to the hotel?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Going away clothes? Wear your wedding dress to the hotel? : Would have changed if you have a large private bridal suite at the venue? P.S. We have the same wedding date! <3
    Posted by megan8290[/QUOTE]

Id probably still keep it on, even if I had a large bridal suite hehe Its the only day I will get to wear my wedding dress so I want to wear it every minute and second I can :)

yey! Good luck! we have 20 days to go megan! :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_going-away-clothes-wear-your-wedding-dress-to-the-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:e19de159-3c36-4665-81d1-6a859775fbbaPost:da62f92e-b27f-4c77-ac93-520a304abed3">Re: Going away clothes? Wear your wedding dress to the hotel?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Going away clothes? Wear your wedding dress to the hotel? : Id probably still keep it on, even if I had a large bridal suite hehe Its the only day I will get to wear my wedding dress so I want to wear it every minute and second I can :) yey! Good luck! we have 20 days to go megan! :)

I agree. I'm having a pretty short wedding (3 hours total) so I will be wearing that dress until its time to brush my teeth for the night! Lol! I won't have the opportunity to wear it again, so why not??????
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I dont have a fancy car either. we will probably just taxi or walk to the hotel. Its 6 blocks from our reception venue so a 3 minute car ride or 10 minute walk. So for me there is no point in changing (plus no where really to change either except the staff changeroom which can get quite icky, I know FI and I both work there). Plus if I walk I can show off my dress as its in the party part of the city so there will be lots of people still out drinking and clubbing lol.
    Pumpernickel and olive juice
  • Options
    I am planning on wearing mine to the hotel that night :) I love my dress and it's only one day so I figure why not? I would probably sleep in it if it wans't so big haha.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_going-away-clothes-wear-your-wedding-dress-to-the-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:e19de159-3c36-4665-81d1-6a859775fbbaPost:da62f92e-b27f-4c77-ac93-520a304abed3">Re: Going away clothes? Wear your wedding dress to the hotel?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Going away clothes? Wear your wedding dress to the hotel? : Id probably still keep it on, even if I had a large bridal suite hehe Its the only day I will get to wear my wedding dress so I want to wear it every minute and second I can :) yey! Good luck! we have 20 days to go megan! :)

<div>Awesome, yeah I think I'll wear my dress to the hotel :)</div><div>Yes 20 days! Woohoo then no more planning finally!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_going-away-clothes-wear-your-wedding-dress-to-the-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:e19de159-3c36-4665-81d1-6a859775fbbaPost:fcc01b22-f12a-47c1-9571-84c8f94438c6">Re: Going away clothes? Wear your wedding dress to the hotel?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am planning on wearing mine to the hotel that night :) I love my dress and it's only one day so I figure why not? I would probably sleep in it if it wans't so big haha.
    Posted by MrsNaut0812[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, every time at the store and trying it on, I never want to take it off! I would wear it home, wear it on the train, wear it to work...if I could, lol! We're renting a little economy car so nothing fancy but heck yes, I'll be wearing that sucker until the very end of the night!</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    The hotel we are staying in is only 3 blocks from the venue, and I will have my dress bustled up, so I plan on just walking back to the hotel after the reception with the dress on.  I can change after the reception, and will probably just put on a t-shirt and jeans (my clothing of choice).
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    I agree, I'm wearing my dress for as long as I can. If I could I would never take it off. I love my dress!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm planning on staying in my dress. I think it's gonna pretty awesome for my hubby to be the one to help me out of the dress. =) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards