August 2012 Weddings

changing dates :(:(:( (long sorry)

Due to a recent string of annoying events....we decided to change our date form 8/18 to 8/4. 

We went to get group rates at the 3 hotels (we're getting married out of town, so everyone will need a hotel), and they told us "sorry, we can't offer group rates, it's a special events weekend." Come to find out, 3 colleges in the area are all having their freshman move-in date that weekend. All three!! We had looked this up when we had set our date, and we were in the clear. However, now the colleges don't want to stagger the move-in's. Which means staying at a crappy Best Western would cost over 250$ a night for our guests - most of which are booking 2 nights. Plus, they would have to book a year in advance to even get a room. Not to mention the god awful traffic!!

So...we decided to change our date. Only problem is, our venue is taking our 1500$ deposit now : ( They said if they can re-book the 18th, they'll give us 1000$ back. Also, they require ANOTHER 1500$ deposit to secure the 4th. It's upsetting, but it was in the contract, so it was on us. 

Luckily, our photographer was super understanding & we halted the order on our save the date magnets....can you imagine getting 200 magnets with the wrong date?!?! LOL!!!!

So in the end, we're happy that we're doing the right thing for our guests....and I'm a little giddy that my countdown just shot down to 406 days ---woo woo!

sorry this is so long, thanks for listening to my freak out!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards