August 2012 Weddings
Options

August 2012: Challenge to Health

So, we are at that point (I guess I knew at some point we'd get there) where we have just over a year to go and new members are popping in almost everyday. Many people seem to have been showing interest in the weight loss challenge posted in January, so I thought that maybe we should start something up again. 

As a disordered eating/ exercise addict survivor, my vote would be for a "Challenge to Health" instead of a straight up "Weight Loss Challenge". This isn't about numbers you see on the scale but instead about how you feel. By incorporating basic healthy actions into your pre-existent lifestyle including healthy eating (Breakfast anyone?), staying hydrated and getting moving, as well as appreciating your successes you will find you both look AND feel better on your wedding day. It will also be easier to carry it into your newly-wed life if it has become a part of your life rather than just "MUST DIET. WEDDING COMING!!!!" If people would like to share things like before and after pictures, healthy successes, pictures of their food (I LOVE food pictures!) or progress (Can be measured any way you want from length of time you can run to how many times you couldn't help but look in the mirror to your dress sizes) or more they are open to do so,  but everyone should feel free to share as much or as little as they want. 

I am willing to set up and coordinate or help coordinate if someone from the last challenge (or anyone really) wants to be involved in the planning process, though I do warn you that I am not a traditional "This diet + This exercise= results" type of person because honestly, everyone's bodies and lives are different and I now know that nothing works for everyone (a few years ago a non-succesful weight loss program organized like that had me hospitalized) .  

I guess my question is: Would anyone be interested in this? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards