Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Groomsman cake?

Do any brides make groomsman cakes anymore?? I think it would be fun to make but I don't know if anyone even does this anymore. Anyone out there making one for their husband? If so..when's the best time to serve it or show it?

Re: Groomsman cake?

• future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup, brides still do them!  They usually are just set with the wedding cake I believe, next to it.  In lieu of a GM cake, we're having miniature pies because FI *loves* pie.  That and we may be doing a chocolate cake layer with PB filling....he has a crazy sweet tooth.
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Do you mean a Groom's cake? 

I've seen them plenty but never made by the bride.  Purchased just like the wedding cake and usually served at the rehearsal dinner. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing a groom's cake... never heard of a groomsmen cake. I am surprising my FH with it at the rehearsal dinner. And no, I'm not making it myself.
    Amanda and Eric Gettin' married 10/10/10
  • edited December 2011
    haha i totally meant groom's cake. Im so tired.  Thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    Yup, people still do them. H did not want one so I didn't spend the money on one. It is actually something that originated in the South and has spread from there.
  • mcclurekelleymcclurekelley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did have a groomscake and did it as a total surprise for my DH.

I had the same question about when to bring it out.  Originally I wanted to surprise him in front of our friends and family.  But then you have people trying to stand up and see the cake before it is cut.  By having it out upon the guest arrival, they can see it .  We just took a moment before the guests arrived to show him the cake.

For the record, I did not make the cake myself.  I hired a bakery to make it. 
  • Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing one. I was going to do it myself but I think I may have someone do it! We are having it at the rehersal dinner!
  • edited December 2011
    We may do one, but it depends completely on how much our wedding funds have dwindled by that time.  If we do have one, it'll be Darth Vader's head.  I want to incorporate FI's personality as much as possible, and this would fit him to a T.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards