Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Which Cake Flavor do you Like best?

I am having three different tiers of cake so I will be using all three of the below flavors, but I'm trying to figure out what will be the most popular... what should I make biggest, mid size and smallest layers? Vote for your fave... 

Re: Which Cake Flavor do you Like best?

• Options
    topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    dark chocolate cake sounds good!

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You had me white chocolate cream cheese. I voted for the second one. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lisab613lisab613 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey, make sure, if you have different flavors, that the caterers or people cutting the cake put them all out at the same time. we had yellow and chocolate cake, but they put out the yellow first; people assumed there was only one kind and had that. it was fine but we ended up with all chocolate later on.
    Anniversary image<br
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They all sound amazing except for the raspberry jam filling. I can't stand cakes with fruit filling in the middle, I always have to pick around it.
  • Options
    futurepivkofuturepivko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_cake-flavor-like?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:04ba6a2e-764b-4018-9fe2-0b9564fde0a3Post:c1a29e0d-18f5-4446-9fd3-0b3ced32f4fd">Re: Which Cake Flavor do you Like best?</a>:
    [QUOTE]They all sound amazing except for the raspberry jam filling. I can't stand cakes with fruit filling in the middle, I always have to pick around it.
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]

i agree with this 100%
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a fruit girl either. I voted for dark chocolate but would love equally a piece of the white chocolate!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm biased because our cake is chocolate with cream cheese filling.  I felt most of the guests would love it and so would FI and I.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm such a downer, but I don't like any of the choices.  I like alcohol on its own, but I don't like alcohol-flavored things, KWIM?

I like rum, and I like cake, but I hate rum cake.
  • Options
    BrambleBerryBrambleBerry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tasted them and the syrups arent as strong as rum in rum cake. You can't taste alcohol. 

I mean, of course, there will be other desserts as well also- like creme brulee and pear crisp, milkshakes, etc. 
  • Options
    brazeneyebrazeneye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cake is a Coconut Cake with a Banana Caramel Filing.. It's pretty damn good imo!  We're also getting married in Hawaii, so it fits the theme!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards