Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Chocolate Fountain

Hi everyone!  So i've always wanted a chocolate fountain at my wedding, and we are pretty much going with that idea  (chocolate fountain and then there are 8 different "dippers").  I also would like a small cake for the tradition of it; but do you think it would be OK to just have a smaller cake in addtion to the fountain?  Or should I plan to have a cake slice per guest too?  I went to a wedding where they did a fountain, and the bride/groom had a small cake and people were happy (I for sure was).  My parents think we should have both.  I just don't want to be left with too much left overs.  Any thoughts!?

Anniversary

Re: Chocolate Fountain

• Options
    Don't serve something or have it out if you cannot serve it to everyone.  So if you want a small cake to cut, have enough cake to serve to all of your guests (either a big wedding cake or sheet cakes that will be cut and served).  

Also, some people find chocolate fountains messy/gross.  We had a chafing dish of chocolate with assorted fruit and other dippers, and it was fantastic.  Just another option.
  • Options
    I went to a wedding with a chocolate fountain and it was so crazy popular. The problem was, NO ONE wanted cake after digging into the fountain. They had so much leftover cake, it seemed like kind of a waste of money to buy two enormous cakes plus the chocolate fountain.
  • Options
    Thanks for your input!  Yeah my experience was no one wanted cake either, but I'd feel bad if people did want cake!!  It really doesn't matter to me and my parents said they are fine doing both (I like the option of having a sheet cake along with a smaller wedding cake instead of doing a large cake, good idea).   

Anniversary
  • Options
    I personally don't like the chocolate in the fountains, so I'd be pretty disappointed if there wasn't cake.  And, not everyone likes chocolate to begin with, so it's nice to have another option. I would have enough cake for most of the guests to have some.
  • Options
    I'm with Rebecca. I used to think the fountains were kind of neat until I had a part in setting one up. I could not believe how much oil was mixed in with the chocolate to liquefy it. It turned my stomach! I didn't touch the chocolate fountain that day and haven't since. They gross me out!!!!
  • Options
    the to-go boxes are a good idea, thanks retread! I want both, but felt bad wasting if one had a ton of left overs.  The to-go box can definitely help fix that :)

Anniversary
  • Options
    You had me at chocolate fountain.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_chocolate-fountain-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:09da03eb-17d9-4b23-9481-d7c1ba43418cPost:40f58237-ecbc-4944-b191-5898d9f3c67d">Chocolate Fountain</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone!  So i've always wanted a chocolate fountain at my wedding, and we are pretty much going with that idea  (chocolate fountain and then there are 8 different "dippers").  I also would like a small cake for the tradition of it; but do you think it would be OK to just have a smaller cake in addtion to the fountain?  Or should I plan to have a cake slice per guest too?  I went to a wedding where they did a fountain, and the bride/groom had a small cake and people were happy (I for sure was).  My parents think we should have both.  I just don't want to be left with too much left overs.  Any thoughts!?
    Posted by erinlin25[/QUOTE]

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards